Honda Shadow Forums banner

Historic/Vintage Plates in Ontario

7K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  smurfy71 
The law in Virginia is very vague mainly not to drive to work or commercial use. I am retired so I don't drive anything to work and have a 1980 truck, a 1940 Willys MB Jeep, a 1982 28F camper and a 1982 Honda GL500i all w/antique tags you need one vehicle w/regular tags too. One time $50 fee no inspection required , insurance is though but that's it. here is the law for Va.
.http://www.dmv.state.va.us/vehicles/antique.html. This part pretty much covers everything. "Testing its operation, obtaining repairs or maintenance, selling the vehicle or trailer, transportation to and from events as described in number 1 above and for the occasional pleasure driving not to exceed 250 miles from your residence". Where I live in central Virginia 250 miles will get me anywhere I want to go. I have been pulled over because there is no expiration date on the tag so I carry a copy of the law and have never got a ticket. Do this on line if you can.

I use State Farm for all my vehicles, an antique policy for cars and trucks regular policy for antique motorcycles with similar restrictions on use as antique tags. There are antique policy companies only you can look into but I like all in one place. Like any motor vehicle its mostly how you drive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.