Honda Shadow Forums banner

Hit a milestone today!

2K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  C5rider 
#1 ·
Had to run out to the store over lunch to return something and as I pulled into the parking lot, THIS is what I saw. I usually ride around with the Trip showing on the display, but I switched it over the other day, just to check how many miles were on the bike.

I think the ol' girl looks pretty good for 45,000 miles! :cool:

Pics or it didn't happen.

See less See more
#2 ·
I agree, "she" does look good!!!!
Dig that HD front fender, what other mods you got hidden???

I grew up in Sebring, we`re ex-neighbors! (kinda)

#3 · (Edited)
Yep, Captain, Sebring is only 60 miles south on 98 from me!

Dig that HD front fender, what other mods you got hidden???
Well, not really hidden. Besides the V&H Longshots, that make themselves obvious, I like to keep things more "hidden in plain sight".

For example, you know how Harleys have that oil can under the seat and they offer a thermometer so you can keep tabs on how hot the oil gets? Well, I guess you could say my Aero has one too!

Of course, knowledgeable Honda folks will know better, and the keyway would make for a serious oil leak anyway. But, if ya drill a hole in the side panel and put a cooking thermometer in it, it'll fool a few folks at a bike night!

#5 ·
:D Yeah, my Sportster had the temperature gauge like that, but it is on the dash of my truck, monitoring heater output through the defroster vent at present...

I`m guessing, Bartow?

#7 ·
We just traveled that route Thanksgiving week-weekend...
Our regular route to go "home" for Thanksgiving is US19/98 to FL66...
Gotta remember to hook up next time through your neck o` th` woods... :D

#9 ·
Just remembered ==>
I saw some strange Bikers this last trip, coming through Crystal River area traffic...
There`s some weird people there!!!
I didn`t get a good look at it, but saw a kayak or canoe strapped to a motorcycle...
Yeah! A boat!
This contraption had bicycle wheels fastened to the aft of this canoe similar to a trailer, but was fastened to the Bike as you would fasten luggage...
(I think)
then a couple miles further saw one of those "tailgate extenders" type racks on the back of an HD, it was nearly dragging the road behind it...
:D

You mention growth?
Yes, That`s one reason I transplanted...
Going up US27/98 I couldn`t tell where Sebring stopped and Avon Park began...

#10 ·
I usually keep my odometer on trip too. I haven't switched it back in a while and really have no idea how many miles mine has on it. I guess I need to do that. Last time I checked it had 26,000 miles on the clock. That was several months ago. Probably due for an oil change.

#16 ·
I usually keep my odometer on trip too. I haven't switched it back in a while and really have no idea how many miles mine has on it. I guess I need to do that. Last time I checked it had 26,000 miles on the clock. That was several months ago. Probably due for an oil change.
i do the same, as a back up to my low fuel light. i just switch it back every once in a while to see if i've hit my next 4kml interval for servicing.

#11 ·
LOL!

We were riding last weekend and this guy passed us on a Yamaha. We pulled up behind him at the next light and he was DANCIN' and twistin' and doin' some Karate-kid moves with his belt on his leather jacket. :roll:

As soon as the light turned green, we ALL found a reason to stall at the light to give him 'a little more room". :lol:

Then there was the red-light runner in Orlando. At EVERY light, he'd make a right turn, then a hard left across the street and then another right turn (basically dodging around the red light.) He'd ride crosswalks, turn lanes and whatever to gain a few seconds on the light. It got funny to watch after a few lights. Amazing folks can do that and survive!

#17 ·
Yep.
There are OLD bikers.
And there are FOOLISH bikers.
But there are no old foolish bikers.

Reminds me of what my Dad useta say about getting older:
"It's not bad, when you consider the alternative!"

#20 ·
I initially thought of using one that read: "Rare, Med/Rare, etc."
Actually...

I like this idea for the HD thermometers! If they didn't carry the standard $100 HD tax, I'd make one for my friend's Softtail! :lol::lol::lol:

As for the milestone, good job! My goal has been to get the bike ODO up past the Fiat's since I bought it. Unfortunately, since my Ranger is on life support, I'm putting miles on the Fiat and the gap between the car & the Shadow is growing every day. Since buying the Valk, I think I'm going to have to settle with ~2000 miles as the closest I could get.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.