Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks- This is one of my new posts before I get fully activated or fully actualized or something like that.

Me: the DesertQueen
I live in Northern Idaho.
I am always looking for people to ride with - no strings attached.

I have/ride: Currently I have:
1. a 1997 Honda Shadow 1100 cc with a sidecar,
2. a 2000 BMW R 1200 CE, and
3. a 2005 Honda Shadow DLX 600 (VT 600 CD 2 or something like that)

My small bike is for sale since I bought the 1200 this spring. I'll post that in the For Sale section later.

What else?
Oh - on my 1997 Honda Shadow there are three idiot/engine lights. One light is for temp, one is for oil pressure and the other is for ____________????? It is in between the other two engine lights. A few days ago it stayed on the entire trip. Yesterday it didn't go on at all. There is a letter "S" above it. What is it telling me? (S is for service? what kind of service does it want? (lolol)) (Yes - I've called a dealership for an appointment- have to take it in anyways)

Later Everyone - Looking forward to your answers on the S Light.

Jules

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
welcome.

·
Banned
3,795 Posts
Welcome to the horde. I believe the light in question is to let you know the kickstand is down. There is obviously something wrong, the bike won't run with the stand down.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Kingshead - I think you win today's prize for the correct answer!!! I thought about it a wee bit more since I posted my initial ...uh...post. Yupper - I think it is the kickstand sensor light. The rig does have a kickstand - but I never use it. Thus, a short in the wiring or some glitch like that. Sounds like a winter time project for me.

Oh- Your prize: carefree days of easy riding, the wind at your back and the bugs in your teeth!

Thanks, Jules

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dearest Mentat IX-

I'm not prejudiced - I'll ride with married men. Remember NO strings attached. none - whatsoever!!!!!! (I'm not interested in riding with a married man who is interested in a different sort of ride.)

Besides - I hope your wife rides her own besides you - or at least behind you holding on to you!!!

Sincerely & In Peace,
Jules

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Rampsbaby!

just say it and your wish is granted!!!

I've put a couple of these in an album in the Gallery here - but then I added others to the album- so I need to go back to do some sorting!

Peace out!

Jules

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
pics, as you wish.

Here's a pic of all three.

I've put a convertible top in the sidecar since this pic was taken. She was a showroom floor queen with low mileage - but I've changed that!!!!

Once again, the small one is for sale - it will be posted "soon".

In Peace,

Jules

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Pics- as requested

Rampsbaby- did my pics come through for you?

I've got a couple of pics in the Gallery - in a folder called "Lucky's bike" (or something like that) but I sent you 6 or so pics yesterday of the hack.

Here's six pics - copies of what I sent you yesterday. The couple in most of the pics are from whom I bought the bike. The blonde and the dashing dog are me and my companion, Lucky.

It is the perfect sidecar for my needs. Lucky can get in and out without scratching the paint. I tether him in and away we go!!!

If you don't get the pics - how do I send them?

Jules

Attachments

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
Here's a pic of all three.

I've put a convertible top in the sidecar since this pic was taken. She was a showroom floor queen with low mileage - but I've changed that!!!!

Once again, the small one is for sale - it will be posted "soon".

In Peace,

Jules
I see a Honda ACE 1100 with a sidecar, a BMW R1200CE and a Honda Aero 750...I don't see any VLX600....:?::?::?:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.