Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im been researching the hole saw mod on the exhaust. has anyone done this on the aero? is it risky? is it worth it? do you need to rejet? any info or advice would be awesome. thanks guys

·
Registered
748 Posts
If you do it, there's no going back. Seems most folks who have done it are satisfied with the sound. Chances of having to re-jet are about 50:50. Lots of videos on you tube that show you how to do it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just want to make sure if I do it that I wont harm the function of the bike and that it sounds good. like you said, so far all ive seen are positive responses. I have heard that its possible that you could get some popping when you decel. not sure how to fix that

·
Registered
748 Posts
The popping on decel can often be fixed by turning out the A/F screw a turn or two. This richens up that circuit a bit to compensate for the loss of some back pressure after the mod is done. Some folks have had to do it, some not.

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
If its the two into one like I had on mine, I saw a bike with it done and Good Lawd it was LOUD! I drilled out the two pipes coming out of the back of the exhaust and it helped a lot. No popping or anything. Or you can just drill 6-1/2" holes in that big plate on the back of the exhaust pipe around the two pipes. It gives almost as much good sound, just not as loud. You can always start small, but it is tough to go back with it!
Coop

·
Registered
7 Posts
2 into one pipe?

If its the two into one like I had on mine, I saw a bike with it done and Good Lawd it was LOUD! I drilled out the two pipes coming out of the back of the exhaust and it helped a lot. No popping or anything. Or you can just drill 6-1/2" holes in that big plate on the back of the exhaust pipe around the two pipes. It gives almost as much good sound, just not as loud. You can always start small, but it is tough to go back with it!
Coop

hey coop, i have the same 2 into one pipe on my 06 honda shadow aero and i love the look of the stock pipe, bt i am looking to make it louder, i am purchasing another stock set to test for fairly cheap. i would like to pull out those two pipes coming out the back. did you drill them out, or did you use the holesaw method? did they jst pull out when you drilled them or cut them ? any advice is greatly appreciated.;)

·
Registered
237 Posts
hey coop, i have the same 2 into one pipe on my 06 honda shadow aero and i love the look of the stock pipe, bt i am looking to make it louder, i am purchasing another stock set to test for fairly cheap. i would like to pull out those two pipes coming out the back. did you drill them out, or did you use the holesaw method? did they jst pull out when you drilled them or cut them ? any advice is greatly appreciated.;)
would love an answer to this...;)

·
Registered
502 Posts
I have been told by techs that when just doing exhaust there is no need to rejet because you are not messing with the mixture, all you are doing is letting more heat out of the bike and unless by rare chance you notice hessitation on excelleration will you need to jet.

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
No need, just do this
http://www.hondashadow.net/forum/72-technical-discussion/111742-hole-saw-mod-05-750-aero.html

·
Registered
378 Posts
I drilled 4 holes and cut the two tips off however I too would like to know about removing the entire baffel in the back

·
Registered
255 Posts
I punched the baffles and drilled 2 half inch holes on the back plate, at 3 and 9 oclock. Between the exhaust mod and the big sucker air filter it's got a much nicer sound, even at idle, and seems a bit happier. No rejet, no popping. And it seems to run a bit longer in each gear, perhaps 5 mph more in 4th and 5th before shifting becomes necessary. Cruising at 80 mph seems comfortable now where 75 was about it before.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts