Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one done it? How do you like it.

I actually like the sound of the bike as does my wife, if it was a lil louder would be even better.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Haven't done it with the wife's Aero we aren't loud pipes people, I did do the Clayton mod on my VTX mostly it helped reduce the decel popping on my X and it is just a little louder not too bad. You can se the drilled holes in the pipes in this photo.

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haven't done it with the wife's Aero we aren't loud pipes people, I did do the Clayton mod on my VTX mostly it helped reduce the decel popping on my X and it is just a little louder not too bad. You can se the drilled holes in the pipes in this photo.

Yeah, I did that on the stock pipes that were on my M109. I'm assuming it will be just as easy on her Aero, just looking for feed back on the sound. I drilled the 2 baffles that were in it also

·
Registered
404 Posts
Funny, I wanted an M109 love your bike. Ran into a great deal on my X and needed something comfy to ride 2 up with the wife. Who knew she would end up riding her own? I love my X but I came from the Intruder 1500 and figured the 109 would be my next bike.

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The X is a great bike, but make no mistake, the 9 can be just as comfy for riding 2 up. I have a big pillion and backrest for it.

·
Registered
10,263 Posts
Drill out the back plate like Beermand did. I did that on my Aero and got a more sound out of it, sounded pretty good. I think I did 8-1/2" holes. Then if Queen Bee wants more drill the baffles or the pipes out, whaterver you want to call them. Worst case, she gets new bling and you spend more $$$. It is worth a try. I had no popping on decel or anything after I did mine.
Coop

1 - 7 of 7 Posts