Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does this mod apply to this model too? I have an '85

I've searched & searched & came up with nothing on youtube nor here for my model.

I just got home from home depot with a holesaw :grin:

also my master cylinder 'window' is so bad the fluid is weeping through it

is there another model which works well as a replacement? I would assume it would be an easily swapped part from a lot of bikes but my exp is with cages.. thanks

I checked eBay & people are awful 'proud' of their old vt500 parts.. :mad:

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Buy a new rebuild kit for your MC. Not that expensive and you get new parts. Your brake system will thank you.

Hacking up perfectly good parts applies to all models unfortunately....

Drives me nuts. If you want loud get a crappy MAC set to cut up. Good stock stuff is hard to find.

·
Registered
167 Posts
why would you want to holesaw it ? Just get new exhaust if you want it loud. Also, you will need a rejetting kit after you change the exhauste or holesaw.

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Also, you will need a rejetting kit after you change the exhauste or holesaw.

No you dont. The carbs are constant velocity and are very intake sensitive, but very forgiving on the carbs.

No need to rejet with exhaust changes.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Unfortunately, MC rebuild kits do not include a the 17mm clear window. Many people replace the window.
A glass watch class will work if you have a jeweler in the area. Or some glue a dime in the hole.

As far as I know, all of the older Hondas used the same size sight glass. Here is a good source: Brake & Clutch- Master Cylinder Sight Lens Kit#

There may be additional information on this web site. Have you searched for sight glass ?

Ride Safely,

·
Registered
149 Posts
just unbolt the mufflers, and then put on some tips. 300 for MAC is rediculious

1 - 11 of 11 Posts