Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK Ladies and gentlemen, Hollister rally is back in full swing this year. I booked my hotel at the Ramada in Gilroy and plan on riding up Friday.

Who's in???? Lets go!! I have 7 people ready to ride so far.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Officially signed, sealed and DEEeeeeee-livered!
Monday night (12/05/2006) the Hollister City Council had two items relating to the rally on their agenda. First was adoption of an ordinance that allows the permit holder to regulate vendors at public assemblies. This is an important step in empowering the promotor to assure the success of the rally financially. That may sound tacky, but remember that it was unpaid costs to the city that got it cancelled in `06. In a nutshell, if the city makes a profit on the event, we get to keep this party rolling!

The second item was a resolution of the City Council authorizing execution of an agreement with the Hollister Motorcycle Rally Committee (HMRC). The ten page document outlines the city's expectations and guidelines for a "motorcycle rally to take place July 6, 7 and 8, 2007 in the City of Hollister downtown area."

The first ordinance was passed by unanimous vote with very little fanfare. As the rally contract came before the committee, the first councilman to speak on the matter was Doug Emerson who was the number one opponent of the 2006 rally. His comments praised the efforts of the HMRC, led by president Charise Tyson, and promoter Seth Doulton of Horsepower promotions. He summarized by telling the council that he was "very comfortable" with the 2007 contract. His comments were mirrored by council woman Monica Johnson (another 2006 opponent) who then moved to accept the agreement. Seconded by Mr. Emerson the contract was accepted by a positive 4-1 vote!

WHAT NOW?
Start making your plans, this is going to be a big one! The HMRC has contracted Marian Briones to build a new site for the Hollister rally. Check there for up to date rally information as well as official Hollister Rally merchandise. We're hoping to see this online soon at: HollisterBikerRally.com

LODGING
Remember, Hollister only has a few motels so you'll want to make arrangements as soon as possible. Naturally, there's camping available in just about all directions and we're only an hour away from San Jose to the north or Monterey to the south-west.
We've got some lodging info HERE

VENDOR INFO:
Horsepower Promotions
Seth Doulton
805-686-2007
[email protected]
Map of the Vendor Area

G

·
0 Posts
They're back in action???? Cool. 8)

I'll try to make it, this year. :D