Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Honda Shadow Aero 750
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well. I had a post up or commented on one about different flag mounts. Can't fund it bit I ended up making my own. I bought 2 boat flagpoles and used my extra viking bag signal relocator bracket. Self explanatory. Bought some chrome bolts to fill the pty holes
if it works I will cut off excess. I wanted a grommet flag as my rc lost her sleeved flag on pur last ride. Was supposed to use this Saturday but due to storms we took cars
Motor vehicle Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive exterior
Wheel Bicycle tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Flag

Attachments

·
Registered
2003 Shadow Spirit "Rosie"
12 Posts
Looks great! Just curious, I don't see any other point of attachment other than the single bolt at the bottom? I would be worried on longer rides that the pull/whip of the flags, it would come loose and either hit the bike if it flops around, or come off altogether. That would especially suck on a group ride with others behind you, not to mention you'd be out a flag and pole... Just food for thought (and maybe you already thought of it :cool:). Definitely gives me ideas!

·
Registered
2008 Honda Shadow Aero 750
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks great! Just curious, I don't see any other point of attachment other than the single bolt at the bottom? I would be worried on longer rides that the pull/whip of the flags, it would come loose and either hit the bike if it flops around, or come off altogether. That would especially suck on a group ride with others behind you, not to mention you'd be out a flag and pole... Just food for thought (and maybe you already thought of it :cool:). Definitely gives me ideas!
I did not cut it off due to that. The girl who did this first just bolted hers to back of her license plate for more stability but still the single bolt. We added a large chrome bolt in the second empty hole so it can't move with the wind. It won't come loose. I used a lock nut and loctite. I chose the grommet version because my rc had a sleeved flag and bike mount and hers flew off during a group ride.

·
Registered
2003 Shadow Spirit "Rosie"
12 Posts
I did not cut it off due to that. The girl who did this first just bolted hers to back of her license plate for more stability but still the single bolt. We added a large chrome bolt in the second empty hole so it can't move with the wind. It won't come loose. I used a lock nut and loctite. I chose the grommet version because my rc had a sleeved flag and bike mount and hers flew off during a group ride.
Ah, I gotcha! Nice! Hopefully someone will get some good pics or even video of them flyin behind the bike for you to share!

Stay safe out there!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts