Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i rode a honda cbr 600rr today for the first time i have never been on a sport bike like that wow talk about power we were doing straight runs i broke 155 MPH the bike shifts like a dream and to my supprise it was very comfortable to ride i did not expect that it turns on a dime i was taking 35mph corners at 70-80 mph i dont think it would be very comfortable after an hour and i dont think it is my bike of choice but WOW what a fun bike to play with every once and a while it had extremley good handling even far past 100MPH i recommend that every one try it at least once.

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
They get more comfortable as you learn to support your weight in the riding position.

They are much more comfortable than people give them credit for, and can be ridden very mildly.

·
Registered
2005 Honda VTX 1300R
1,089 Posts
Tried it once on a Ninja 500. Just didn't like it at all. For me personally, it offered no advantages for how I ride.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
so i rode a honda cbr 600rr today for the first time i have never been on a sport bike like that wow talk about power we were doing straight runs i broke 155 MPH the bike shifts like a dream and to my supprise it was very comfortable to ride i did not expect that it turns on a dime i was taking 35mph corners at 70-80 mph i dont think it would be very comfortable after an hour and i dont think it is my bike of choice but WOW what a fun bike to play with every once and a while it had extremley good handling even far past 100MPH i recommend that every one try it at least once.

Donor cycle.

·
Registered
55 Posts
If you would like a real rush,take a 1000cc for a ride.If you have never ridden a big bore sport bike,it is an amazing machine.The power and speed will probably scare the $hit out of you.I rode them for years,but I found it very hard to behave myself.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well let me say that all bikes are doner bikes don't fool your self i am a big ducati fan mine is a 1000cc twin v and it will do 150 near red but that Honda RR just gets there so much quicker then any thing i have been on and it has the controle to boot i was impressed i mean i did not sell my shadow or anything like that but to deny the fact that it was a bad ass bike ,fun to ride,comfortable and strait forward good looking would only be prejudice. i had blast in fact if you must know my blood to honda 600rr ratio is low.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
No doubt they are lots of fun. It is true it is very difficult to behave on these rockets. Every time I sit on one, I am truly amazed at the technology that sits between my legs.
My wife talked me out of a CBR600RR and I landed my Sabre.
For me, it's like waving candy in front of a child.

·
Registered
10,153 Posts
If you would like a real rush,take a 1000cc for a ride.If you have never ridden a big bore sport bike,it is an amazing machine.The power and speed will probably scare the $hit out of you.I rode them for years,but I found it very hard to behave myself.
Indeed....My brother is 57 and been riding sport bikes since we were kids. He rides for sport as well as transportation He loves knee dragging twisties on his CBR1000 and Ducati. He doesn't understand the whole cruiser thing. Calls em "Disco bikes" because in a turn "dis part of the bike goes here and dis part of the bike goes there". "Ass jewelry". LOL He says the frames flex too much to be a "fun" ride. I rode the CBR a lot. Not my kind of fun. I like the Disco.....If I were to get a sport bike I would love one of those 250 Ninjas or the new CBR250. Like a bicycle on steroids.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yea i like both and that is why i got the ducati sport 1000 it is both a cruser and a sport bike i like the Italian cruisers it is fast but not to fast it is fun to play but i dont ever think i will own a CBR it is just to much but i do feel that i am starting to out grow my vlx600 i ride the ducati more and more each day .....

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Indeed....My brother is 57 and been riding sport bikes since we were kids. He rides for sport as well as transportation He loves knee dragging twisties on his CBR1000 and Ducati. He doesn't understand the whole cruiser thing. Calls em "Disco bikes" because in a turn "dis part of the bike goes here and dis part of the bike goes there". "Ass jewelry". LOL He says the frames flex too much to be a "fun" ride. I rode the CBR a lot. Not my kind of fun. I like the Disco.....If I were to get a sport bike I would love one of those 250 Ninjas or the new CBR250. Like a bicycle on steroids.
Not all cruisers have a problem with flex. My Thunderbird has virtually no flex. It it certainly not a sport bike, but it handles pretty close, and is way more comfortable for an afternoon of riding. I'd be curious to hear what your brother would have to say about my bike if he rode it.

As far as sport bikes are concerned in general I find that I am simply too old to contort my body in that crazy riding position. I rode a BMW 800R something or other recently, and while it was fun to ride my old bones couldn't wait to get off of it. At this point in life I'm more into comfort than all out performance.

·
Registered
581 Posts
MUAHAHAHA

Besides my babies, I've got a deposit on a black CBR250 for the wifey. I forsee putting some miles on that thing.

Got 4k miles on the 600RR in the last few months and I need a new back tire already. :(

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
MUAHAHAHA

Besides my babies, I've got a deposit on a black CBR250 for the wifey. I forsee putting some miles on that thing.

Got 4k miles on the 600RR in the last few months and I need a new back tire already. :(

Small displacement bikes are fun! I'm really thinking about a ninja 400.

·
Registered
201 Posts
If my knees could handle it I'd be on a Crotch Rocket. They are just plain fun! Not a liter but at least a 600cc. I like my Spirit 750..it's just a different kind of fun

·
Registered
581 Posts
Small displacement bikes are fun! I'm really thinking about a ninja 400.
You know what they say - more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow.

Riding a fast bike really, really friggin fast also does the trick but it's pretty risky, for your health and your finances. :(

·
Registered
932 Posts
Sport bikes are a lot of fun and there is something fun about having a light weight bike. I used to have an Yamaha XS1100 and it was very fast but it was tempting to do foolish things and it was heavy. I like my Shadow, but when my son-in-law let me drive his 600cc Katana, I realized what fun I was missing. Since then I bought a 250 Ninja, but then sold it after a year to buy a Suzuki GS500F which is just right for me. Light weight and enough power for me without being too much temptation, plus the handlebars are high enough to be more sport touring than strictly sport. My son-in-law did buy a Hayabusa last month though, which I am looking forward to riding sometime.:-D

·
Banned
3,795 Posts
so i rode a honda cbr 600rr today for the first time. i have never been on a sport bike like that, wow talk about power, we were doing straight runs i broke 155 MPH. the bike shifts like a dream and to my supprise it was very comfortable to ride. i did not expect that it turns on a dime, i was taking 35mph corners at 70-80 mph. i dont think it would be very comfortable after an hour and i dont think it is my bike of choice, but WOW what a fun bike to play with every once and a while. it had extremley good handling even far past 100MPH, i recommend that every one try it at least once.
OK, so you tried the 600rr, and your input on the ride was great. But the reading was excruciating, how about trying a little punctuation next time. I've added a little above, see how it informs the reader when a particular subject stops and the next starts?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
refrigeration

i am a commercial refrigeration Tech not a book writer some day i will fix that but not today but i do thank you for your concern here are a few periods and commas put them where you see fit...............,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Banned
3,795 Posts
I, am.... a..... commercial. Refrigeration Tech not a book. Writer some day i will fix. That but not today but. I do. Thank you. For your concern here are a few periods. And commas put. Them where. You. See fit.
You're right, this works much better.

·
Registered
10,153 Posts
yea i like both and that is why i got the ducati sport 1000 it is both a cruser and a sport bike i like the Italian cruisers it is fast but not to fast it is fun to play but i dont ever think i will own a CBR it is just to much but i do feel that i am starting to out grow my vlx600 i ride the ducati more and more each day .....
Oh **** yeah....I would rather ride my brother's Ducati than a VLX...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts