Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is it with dealerships and horrible customer service? I bought two things from Honda dealerships off eBay recently and both transactions went badly.

First item - kuryakyn grips. I pay by paypal right after auction. Eight days later I send an email for shipping info. I get a response they are shipping that day. They don't actually ship for another 4 days after that, after I filed a paypal dispute. When they arrived they were the wrong grips. They ignored repeated emails asking for a return & exchange for the grips they listed or a refund. I have a paypal claim pending (15 days now). Anybody need Kuryakyn 6218 grips? They're for Goldwings '75 - present.

Second item - a leather jacket. I pay right after they accept my "best offer" at 10 am on a Saturday morning. I send an email the following Friday asking for shipping info. I get a response that it will ship either Saturday or Monday.

I (naively) thought dealing with a Honda dealership would have been a smoother experience than dealing with a regular working person. I won't make that mistake again.

Rant done.

· Registered
325 Posts
Chalie Mac said:
What is it with dealerships and horrible customer service? I bought two things from Honda dealerships off eBay recently and both transactions went badly.

Do you mind sharing the names of the dealerships and their ebay IDs with the members of this forum? Many of us would be interested in avoiding these types when we are spending our money.

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
gyjoe said:
Do you mind sharing the names of the dealerships and their ebay IDs with the members of this forum? Many of us would be interested in avoiding these types when we are spending our money.
I don't mind at all:

Grips - Red World Honda, North Miami Beach, FL, ebay id jameshonda19
Jacket - Honda East, Maumee, OH, ebay id hondaeast1

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
93 Black Shadow said:
I also am getting tired of the old no ship policy. Therefore, now I only use Paypal with a credit card. When they do not ship, I do not even mess with Paypal, I just call the credit card and back charge Paypal. Let them fight it out.
That is exactly what I do. When I filed my paypal claim for the grips I let them know this also. In the summary box I told Paypal anything less than a full refund would result in a chargeback on my card.

I usually make it a point to ask the sellers how fast they can ship and make sure they won't use USPS parcel post before I place a bid. For some reason my post office leaves parcel post packages sit for days before they try to deliver. Of course once the auction ends there's all kinds of excuses or just ignored emails. I use a credit card for everything but the most minor purchases on ebay now. It really is the only protection you have when someone purposely misrepresents an item.

· Registered
8,119 Posts
I have had great luck on E-bay for a long time, but then I broke my own rule and ordered from a seller that had several negative feedbacks. I got burnt on that transaction and thankfully it was for a small amount of money and not several hundred.

You live and learn I guess.

Chris

· Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
9,292 Posts
I only use Paypal with a credit card. When they do not ship, I do not even mess with Paypal, I just call the credit card and back charge Paypal. Let them fight it out.
Always a good policy.

As for the problem dealers, did you check out their feedback first? I make it a personal policy to never do business with anyone who (1) has less than 95% positive feedback and (2) has had any negative feedback recently (last month or three -- depending on the feedback and the amount of money I'm spending).

There have always been problem folks on eBay and there always will be. The feedback is the only help any of us ever gets so I hope you've posted negative feedback on the 2 problems sellers. You may get negative feedback from them in return -- but I didn't the one time I had to post negative feedback because I was specific in my post (something like"Took my money fast but didn't ship for weeks").

G

·
adlowe said:
There have always been problem folks on eBay and there always will be.
There are alot of thieves on Ebay and it's getting worse. I'm seeing lots of sloppy packaging which results in damaged parts. If the seller agrees to a return, you lose the cost of shipping :evil:

· Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
9,292 Posts
There are alot of thieves on Ebay and it's getting worse.
That's not something I've seen. But, as posted, I'm careful about who I'll buy from. I hope you've posted negative feedback for all the sellers who have disappointed you because eBay really doesn't work if the bad guys don't get "marked".

In dozens of purchases, the only problem I've encountered was 1 seller who took a couple of weeks to ship (after "advertising" quick shipping) and then included a "receipt" with an overstated price. But even in that transaction, I got exactly what I expected and it was in exactly the promised condition; my only complaint was the time it took to ship after getting my money.

G

·
I see rampant overcharging for shipping, descriptions that exaggerate an items condition, sloppy shipping with damaged parts, and some flat out lying.

If you use Ebay enough, you will get taken. The dealers which sell computers and parts seem the most unscrupulous. I even reported one seller who was selling cheap made in China watches that are made to look like fine Swiss timepieces. Very deceptive ads which will hurt alot of Ebay shoppers. They're still selling them on Ebay :evil:

Buyer beware. Check the sellers feedback...but that is no guarantee.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.