Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been wanting to make a Honda Homecoming trip for the last two years, partially due to my VTX riding buddy. But now that guy went and bought a Harley, so he ain't goin to Homecoming. But anyway, I was still thinking about it and from what I understand hotels are hard to come by - that's understandable. No big problem, I have friends in Dublin (which I think is close enough). But here's my question for those that have gone and those that will: What event is there going on that I just have to be at? The thing looks like it's 3 or 4 days of events runing simultaneously, and not having a clue of what to expect, I just wanted to get evryone's thoughts.

The other caveat is that I'm sure my wife will have other plans for me for the weekend with our friends. BUt, perhaps i could still squeeze some Honda time in :wink:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Tell your buddy with the Harley that there are tons of them down here for the homecoming I live in Marysville and every year theres every make and model of bike here including those small pocket bikes. It's a great time!! Hope you can make it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Here's a link to the Homecoming site-http://www.ohio.honda.com/news/homecoming/index.cfm

Its not updated as yet but it'll start feeding you some info.

As far as what to do? There's some goin's ons at the Honda plant. Tours, demo rides, displays. Don't know what all as yet fer this year.

The Light parades- on Thursday night into Bellefontaine. 6 or 800 bikes with a light competition and some entertainement when ya get there.

---Friday night light parade into Marysville. Usually a thousand or so bikes.

Vendors set up at the Bellefontaine fairgrounds and just off of Main St. in Marysville. Bike parts, pinstriping, patches, etc..

A number of different charity rides.

I'm sure you can find sumthin to get into.

Some of the local Shadowriders get some stuff goin'.

There was some free camping goin' on last year near the motorcycle plant.

Others here can fill ya in some more, but I think you'll enjoy the experience.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Honda Homecoming. who has gone? who is going?

You will want to go to the plant and sign up for a chance to win a new Goldwing, Take the plant tour. There are several things going on at the plant.
The Honda site has not been activated but they do have highlights of last years homecoming along with pictures. Should be updated before too long.
You can visit www.logancountyohio.com They have all the information on what is happening in Bellefontaine for the Homecoming.
The vendor fair has been moved from the fairgrounds in town to the Highpoint career center outside of town. more space and more blacktop parking.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Honda Homecoming. who has gone? who is going?

dgraves49 said:
You will want to go to the plant and sign up for a chance to win a new Goldwing,
:?: Goldwing :?: What would I want with one of those? :lol: :wink: :lol:

Thanks for the info. Nothing's set in stone yet, but I've got a nice (hopefully) route planned. Perhaps we'll be able to meet up w/ some HSN folks there!

·
Registered
296 Posts
The parade of lights on Thursday night from the plant to Bellefontaine and the parade of lights from the plant to Marysville on Friday night are my fav events of the Homecoming.

The tour of the motorcycle plant is also not to be missed if you haven't seen it before!

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Damn, I went to the web site and checked out the pictures from last year, now I'm home sick. It's 7:30am, I'm at work and I need a drink.

If anyone knows the dates for this years fiesta, would you kindly post them. I have to get out to Cols. this summer and I'd like to try and work it around the Homecoming. Tanks.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Paulie said:
Damn, I went to the web site and checked out the pictures from last year, now I'm home sick. It's 7:30am, I'm at work and I need a drink.

If anyone knows the dates for this years fiesta, would you kindly post them. I have to get out to Cols. this summer and I'd like to try and work it around the Homecoming. Tanks.
Hey paulie,
i found this on the forum: http://www.hondashadow.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=40173

I'm hoping to see more chatter there as the time get's closer.

So far, it looks like I may be going.... so far :wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.