Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody got a better solution for towing than the Honda Club? Getting ready to renew. I just don't see too much value in the other stuff they offer.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Haven't had cause to use them yet, but I got the MoTow roadside assistance thru AMA.
Costs a little more than roadside on my regular insurance ($25), but MoTow guarantees a towing company that has the proper equipment to handle bikes. Usually not a guarantee thru your regular insurer. Also a few other benefits that my insurer didn't offer.

You can get all the details here:
http://www.amadirectlink.com/roadride/motow.asp

·
Registered
508 Posts
Barney-Bike said:
So what all do you get if you have a Honda Riders Club membership?
Is it worth it?
Couldn't tell you. Still haven't received my complimentary membership.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Geico charges me $10 yr.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
Barney-Bike said:
Is it worth it?
A Magazine every other month, some cupons for your Honda Dealer and most of all just the fact of a good tow no matter how far to the nearest dealer, that's why I keep it, also you can use their maintenance manual (on line) and track your maintenance at the Owners Site

·
Registered
11 Posts
Progressive also gives a discount for being a HRCA member. I can't remember what it was but it was almost the cost of being a member, so it kind of broke even for me lol.

- Matt?

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
9,196 Posts
Is it worth it?
A Magazine every other month, some cupons for your Honda Dealer and most of all just the fact of a good tow no matter how far to the nearest dealer, that's why I keep it, also you can use their maintenance manual (on line) and track your maintenance at the Owners Site
You also get a mail-in coupon for a free tool every year; it was a tire pressure gauge in 2006. Also membership in ITC-50, which can get you 50% off lodging at participating hotels, motels and resorts. (I haven't been too impressed with the list of participants but it might suit you and your travel needs better. I think you can get more info here: http://www.itc50online.com/ )
HRCA will also reimburse you up to $75/year for qualified motorcycle education.

Progressive also gives a discount for being a HRCA member.
My Progressive policy doesn't show any discount for HRCA but IIRC HRCA was why I got a quote from Progressive in the first place; I'll have to look into that!

On edit: Membership discounts are not legal in Michigan! :cry: At least I get homeowner and multiple motorcycle discounts.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts