Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my lunch break today I was backing into a parking spot and saw a gorgeous bike pulling into the lot. The guy parked and came in and saw me. He asked me about my bike so I started asking about his. It was an 04 Honda Rune. 1800cc+ and absolutely gorgeous! I did some research when I got back to work to learn more. They made very few of them and they were just under 30 grand. A sweet bike that I had never seen or heard of. Anyone know anything about them? According to the site I found, Honda dealerships could only order one to sell. He was saying that they only made them one year but there are 04's and 05's because of a delayed rim shipment. Just thought I would share just in case there was someone else out there that didn't know anything about them. A piece of Honda history that is definitely worth looking into.

·
Registered
74 Posts

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
But still,
16k for a 7 year old bike is pretty steep. Jus sayin...

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
I would give my left nut for a Rune.

What the hell,,, I never use them anyway.

Mike

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
I have a Friend of Mine In Ormond Beach FL that has a Silver Rune with 6 exhaust tips on it that makes your ******** when you hear it run.I will Post some Pictures of it when I get back from Biketoberfest in Daytona next Month.1 Bad Machine but way Overpriced IMHO unless you get a screaming deal on 1.

·
Registered
10,153 Posts
I've seen dealerships that still have a Rune sitting on their floor 7 years after production ceased. What an indescribably ugly bike. Just my opinion.
Is there an uglier " Hey Look at me" or "WTF is that?" bike in the Universe? That bike was an EPIC failure for Honda. The Valks dying gasp was the Rune.

Looks like a bike someone bought at an auction for Movie props.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
It looks like the bikes from the movie Tron. I liked them when they first came out. I would buy one over a Harley for the same price. At least they (Honda) had the guts to try something different.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Runes are just that...runes...

Sometimes best not to be disturbed.

And, MentalPause...perhaps look into a Valk Standard....
You're all over me tonight... must a lot of other posts about Rune's... I like Valks, I like VTX's, I love the look of the Rune... blah

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Well,
I like it.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.