Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this an actual Honda model? I am dreaming about spending spring break in Europe with a motorcycle, so I thought I'd glance around at what was on ebay for fun and came across this.

link

·
Registered
21 Posts
You see them quiet a lot in the city here (Barcelona). Though they might be good for scooting around town because they´re pretty light weight, I wouldn´t feel comfortable getting out on the highway with this puppy. It al looks like a cheap version of the 750 AERO. I personally don´t realy like the finish, thinking that Honda tried too hard to reduce costs to keep the price down. And if it´s just for going around town, I´d buy a scooter, they´re cheaper and easier to handle.
Just my personal opinion.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was just curious to see whether this was something that Honda actually made, since I had never come across one before. Perhaps it's only for the European market.

How does 330 euros for a week on a BMW F800S/ST sound?

·
Registered
94 Posts
The 125 Shadow is Honda's attempt at replacing the Rebel in some countries...the 250 Rebel is available in 125cc guise and the V2 bike is aimed at replacing the 125 version, as most countries that get the 125 Rebel stopped carrying it whenthe Shadow appeared.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's merely a licence thing in Europe where you can ride a 125cc bike on your standard car licence in many countries, making this a huge market. In Germany, for instance, you can ride one when you got your car licence before some odd date in 1980- resulting in many oldtimers getting back into the habit on (relatively) small budget (considering a bike licence will cost you more than two grand!). Some even choose to turn it into a (believe it or not) fulldresser; I'm sure you guys will love this:
http://www.louis.de/_102e0e0404b3de4f78071c52062e71a553/bikedb/bikespecials/pdf/1113.pdf

1 - 5 of 5 Posts