Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

I just bought a used 2005 Honda Shadow Spirit 750 and would like to customize a few things:
- I would like to clean up the whole Rear fender / tail light / turn signals situation. Any recommendations regarding a good aftermarket kit that takes care of all this at the same time (including shorter fender maybe)
- The mirrors are to big and too high. Any recco's on lower ones or maybe ones that are suspended below the handle bar?
- Single seat?

I also bought the bike with a sports exhaust (not a cobra) and had to put the original pipes back on because it was just way too loud. Now I found out that the carburator has been jetted and adjusted to the sport pipes so now it gets too much fuel for the standard pipes. Any advise?

Thanks
Philipp

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Well, Phil-Simon, welcome aboard!! I'm no expert but I know this question is going to be asked. What's wrong with "the whole Rear fender / tail light / turn signals situation."? Post pics ("unwritten rule" here any way!!) of what you have and describe what you want to do.

I have some low mirrors on my 750 ACE and I would love to find some taller ones. I don't like the short ones because they are too far out of my line of sight. Wanna trade? (Pic attached)

You could just take off the passenger seat and install a rear fender bib or rack and be done with it. Once again, a pic is worth a thousand words. There may be other options, that is just the quickest\cheapest.

As far as the mixture goes, be prepared to re-jet back to stock...

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
If your fuel mileage goes down? If your performance suffers? If the plugs come out very dark looking? You may need to re-jet.

If it were mine, I'd change the plugs and ride the bike normally for a few weeks then look at the plugs also check the mileage. If your not hard on the bike you should get 50+ MPG.

·
Registered
981 Posts
As far as the tail light and signals, there are a few aftermarket run-turn-brake lights. I was considering this one:

http://www.clearalternatives.com/

but I have not pulled the trigger on it yet. I did however get one of these:

L.E.D. Lighted Curved License Plate Frame | Küryakyn

to clean up the license plate area. It should arrive this weekend so I will have some pics up after install. Kuryakyn also carries a similar plate mount/frame that has a run-turn-brake light assembly. Sadly, it will not fit on the 2005 Shadow Aero without modification of the mounting area on the fender, or modifying the part itself.

My current favorite place to shop for stuff for my bike is Motorcycle Parts and Motorcycle Accessories for Cruisers: Honda VTX, Yamaha Roadstar, Kawasaki Mean Streak, Suzuki Volusia and more .... they have a lot of stuff there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone
I also saw some cool tiny turn signals that are also much closer to the body, any good reccos here?

Two questions regarding the jetting:
- if it was adjusted to the almost empty Vance Hines pipes I had, would it also work well with other aftermarket exhausts, like the Cobra ones? Or is the jetting usually specifcaly adjusted to the very exhaust model. I am asking because I think the Cobra exhaust is less noisy and I might offer a swap
- any idea about the costs of re-jetting it back to fit the stock exhaust?

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
Thanks everyone
I also saw some cool tiny turn signals that are also much closer to the body, any good reccos here?

Two questions regarding the jetting:
- if it was adjusted to the almost empty Vance Hines pipes I had, would it also work well with other aftermarket exhausts, like the Cobra ones? Or is the jetting usually specifcaly adjusted to the very exhaust model. I am asking because I think the Cobra exhaust is less noisy and I might offer a swap
- any idea about the costs of re-jetting it back to fit the stock exhaust?
Welcome. Pics, please. We need pics of your bike.

As for the Cobra exhaust: They suck, IMHO. They sound horrible with the Spirit/ACE 750 engine; "blatty" is a good description, or a farting clown (ask Bedhead on this forum - he's familiar with such things - farting clowns, that is...). The V&H are much better, but louder. Check out SmartPartz baffles, low cost and offer a good solution to the noise:

Smartpartz.com - Hard Kore Baffles

Re-jetting back to stock may not be necessary if you go back to a stock exhaust and put in a K&N or Uni-flow air filter. Also, re-read thunderglass' post...

Now, where are the blasted pics of your bike?!?;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts