Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Honda shadow phantom
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Took My 2010 Honda shadow phantom out of storage after almost 8 months, changed battery and started fine. After a short ride noticed gas leaking from under the seat area. Google search points that it may be a bad fuel pump.
Anybody else had the issue ?
Want to get some advice from the forum on repairs.
Here is a short video

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
14,691 Posts
I cant see if it is the pressure hose snap on connector or the top of the pump housing. But I would bet on the pressure hose or snap connection first.

Attachments

·
Registered
2001 Valkyrie I/S
5,990 Posts
It has also happened with a bike sitting for so long that even rubber o-rings and gaskets can shrink. Once they get wet again they can seal up so I would at least wait just a little before tearing everything apart.

·
Registered
2007 VT750DC Spirit “chopper”
1,033 Posts
Replace the top sealing gasket on the swirl tank at very least. Don’t let fuel leak then assume the seals will swell and reseal, there is a reason these parts have service limits for age.

The top seal is included with a “kit“ from Honda that has a filter and a second seal in it, that part number is 16706-HN8-A62. Usually in these circumstances I’d advise the cheapest possible route but from Honda an entirely new swirl tank with fuel pump and seals only runs $136, which is a steal IMO for a factory sealed pump swirl tank. Part number 16700-HN8-A62.

Full assembly of fuel pump and swirl tank
- Honda 16700-HN8-A62 - PUMP ASSY., FUEL | Partzilla.com

Gaskets only
- Honda 16706-HN8-A62 - FILTER SET | Partzilla.com

·
Registered
2010 Honda shadow phantom
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the answers.
I finally took things apart and swifty2014, the issue is with the snap connection. I start the bike and see fuel pouring out where the hose connects to the fuel pump held by retainer clip.
I am planning to replace the retainer clip and wondering if I need to replace the entire hose ?
Also swifty2014 thanks for the picture from repair manual, where can I get complete repair manual?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts