Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Carried over from the Honda Shadow Riders on Facebook,
I was looking to add a dash cam set up on my Bike And I asked if there was any one with electrical knowledge if I can run this : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ejR4O58JTACy7XUTz2-jJRl3G3Yh9XGYWNWduuVusamWc
on my 1985 Honda Shadow VT500c without killing my stator.
I need to find some info on what my bike pulls for general operation, with my 2 amp alarm system [existing accessory], and see if this camera setup will exceed your total.
Motorcycle Tinted Spitfire and Viking Soft Saddle bags.jpg

I have a Stock 1985 Honda Shadow VT500.
I put a inquiry to the Company that makes this dash cam setup and am waiting to hear back to know what kind of amperage this will draw.

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
15,949 Posts
Usually it doesn't take much current to run a small device like that 2-3 amps maybe. So unless you have a lot of heavy loads like heated gear it should be just fine.
Look for the 3 yellow wire connector that always overheats and burns. From the stater to the regulator.
If it is that way just cut out the connector and spliced for a good long life connection.
Most of these Shadows have about a 300 -350 watt charging system. So up to about 25 amps total available.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Usually it doesn't take much current to run a small device like that 2-3 amps maybe. So unless you have a lot of heavy loads like heated gear it should be just fine.
Look for the 3 yellow wire connector that always overheats and burns. From the stater to the regulator.
If it is that way just cut out the connector and spliced for a good long life connection.
Most of these Shadows have about a 300 -350 watt charging system. So up to about 25 amps total available.
Thank you sir.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts