Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Im looking to swap out my rear shocks for some lower ones. But I can't seem to find the dimensions of the bushings and such. I know the the bushings on the buttom is not the same diameter. I do not have my bike to measure it right now, as it is in winter storage here in Denmark.

What is the the stock lenght?
What size is the eye holes with and without bushings?
I have already searched google dry.

I assume a lot of you guys are from the US, so you don't know the brands and such here in EU. But i'm looking at some 10.5 inch shocks. Just need to know if the bushings will fit the new shocks.

Sorry for my bad english.:)
My bike is a 2009 Honda Shadov VT750 Spirit, shaft drive.

Hope to hear from somebody.
Thanks in advance, Nikolaj. :)

·
Registered
06' VT1100C99' GL1500C Valkyrie
8,446 Posts
According to Progressive 11" is the smallest in their line available but doesn't really say what is stock size but they stated that 11.5" is stock for the 09' Aero but they didn't show a listing in 09' for the Spirit. Had to go back to 07' to get a listing for the Spirit/chain driven. Also the 07' Aero is the same as the 09'. As far as bushing's etc., they provide a lot extras for different applications. I'm not big fan of Progressive shock quality but use their site for reference. Their front springs on the other hand are a awesome upgrade over stock on just about every cruiser out there.

Here is a complete explanation to help with preload etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for taking your time to reply on this thread. I will figure something out. Thanks again!

·
Registered
2007 VT750DCA7 Spirit - NHB01 Black
472 Posts
I own an ‘07 Spirit Chain drive, 2007 was a
Split year where the Spirit was sold in both Chain and Shaft drive, so I can’t speak for the shaft shocks. However the factory stock shocks that I removed from my chain drive spirit measured about 12.5” or 317mm from center to center of the bushings while no weight was on the shock. The bushing center diameter for both top and bottom bolts is right around 5/8” or 16mm. Just measured em before I posted to confirm.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay thank you so much. On the shaft drive I know that the buttom inner bushings are different. That one on the shaft drive side is smaller. Do you know what size the diameter is of the eyes without the bushings? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
VT 1100c 1994
183 Posts
hi,

did you have a look at the yss shocks? I have one of those:
the ones without piggyback, the length of the shocks can be adjusted, as well as the daming strenght and ride hights. I took those because I wanted shocks as long as possible to have some reserves when riding with my wife and luggage (no we are not that fat... :) ). For the money paid great shocks. To find the right ones for your bike eiter take some time for research in their pdf list, or contact them per email. The lists are very extensive, with many details about length etc.

I live in Germany and, as I wanted not the right ones but the longes available (with TÜV, so they are street legal), I mailed the office in The Netherlands. No problem at all, fast response.
AFAIK they are manufactured in Thailand, overall quality is very good, I am quite happy. My VT 1100 rides much better now!! They came with a lot of different bushings as well.
regards, flo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts