Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello
Does anyone know where can i get all the colored wires needed for the honda vlx electrical installation (online store).
I'm not able to find the ones with two colors on the same wire.
Thank you
Schematic Rectangle Font Parallel Engineering

·
Registered
342 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
"all the colored wires"

Am I missing something here?

Why not just buy a new or used oem wiring harness?
It'll have the wire colors you will need/cut to length/with the proper terminal ends/etc.
:unsure:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
"all the colored wires"

Am I missing something here?

Why not just buy a new or used oem wiring harness?
It'll have the wire colors you will need/cut to length/with the proper terminal ends/etc.
:unsure:
The ones i found are modified and not that good so i prefer to build new one.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I haven't ordered from this place, but they might have what you need. Wire - Vintage Connections
Nice
I would expect any materials he finds will be priced similar to Vintage Connections - Motorcycle Terminals and Connectors - Vintage Connections , so pricing can be done to determine whether he wants to proceed.

Even though the OP has no paypal, it's a good site to do an inventory of what's needed and the OP could put a total cost of materials on what he is trying to do.
Along with the wire, all the connectors he would need could be priced, along with the terminal crimping tools.
-OR-
What's needed to REPAIR the wire harness he has...
jmo,

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello
Does anyone know where can i get all the colored wires needed for the honda vlx electrical installation (online store).
I'm not able to find the ones with two colors on the same wire.
Thank you
View attachment 297547
Find a scraped VLX 600 and get your hands on the entire wiring harness is about the easiest way to go. If you spread it out all nice and smooth, you will find it almost represents the wiring diagram to a tee! Fix and repair the harness paying close attention to the connectors for the ignition switch, starter relay, voltage regulator and alternator stator. Also pay attention to the starter lockout wiring going to the neutral switch, side stand switch and clutch switch and clutch diode. Get your hands on a new side stand switch as that can cause all sorts of grief as it makes you go through the carburetors, ignition system to no avail.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts