Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Capt said:
I just put a set of FIAMM horms on my shadow. Thought someone might like to see how they look.
click here: http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s140/capt_1949/horns.jpg
Wow! Where'd you get them?

I've got (4) 139db horns on mine, but the two on the side
are regular black ones and have a ugly case hardened steel look.
I love to replace them with chrome ones you got...

Do you know what their db rating is?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually I took them off an old '85 Venture I have. They were on it when I got it. As for how loud they are......all I know is that they are so loud that they cause ear pain.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I also have the Stebil. It's good for scaring the carwash girls on the side of the roads. lol
You don't even notice it until I point it out. I might buy another for the other side.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Hey All™,
Capt, I got an email last night with those in it for $15. The write-up on them said they put out 132db. I've looked into the Stebil air horn, and can get it online for like $35, but here in a local store for $60. I was wondering if the FIAMM was actually that good, for that price? Since you have the Fiamm, do you know anyone personally that has the Stebil and what the sound difference is? If it's not that big a difference, I'll go with the Fiamm horn.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I bought the sebil for 35 of e-bay for my spirit. It has a great sound and draws 12 amps, so the relay IS needed. The gonzo harness makes them a dream to install.

I put two on my valk and they are not much louder in a pair but you can hear me from all directions. The major reason I choose them was that there is nil wind up time for the compressors, and I can give a quick blip, not very obnoxious, just to let folk know I am there, or I can really lay on the horns and folks will fill their pants. Yesterday, I got to do that for the first time with the valk. Some woman in a Mercedes turned into a mall as I was following her and then proceeded to do a three point turn. As she began to back into me ( and I was on an incline so could not move the beast back up the hill to get out of the way) I gave her a blip. No reaction, she was only inches from my front end when I laid on the horns. She stopped immediately, maybe even took a quick heart pill, but I got by her no probs. Which ever you go with, the loud horns are worth it for our bikes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.