Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I pulled the tank because i'm reinstalling the stock airbox and filter. I'm checking all the hoses and clamps while i'm in there and noticed that there is a "T" fitting that goes from the carb, then a small hose goes to the other carb. There is a longer hose that is just hanging. It is not blocked off and is open. Looking at it I don't see anywhere where it could go, but I think it is supposed to be blocked off.

Any help what that hose is for? Bike is a '97 VT600C.

·
Registered
182 Posts
James I have a 88 shadow 600 and when I first got the bike it sputtered pingd and would not ride rite. My diaphram I'm my carb was not seated right and this hose was taking in to much air so I restricted it and it ran better the hose gave me the run around for a year and a half. It is a vacuum line that needs ambiant air pressure best results is to run it under ur seat leaving it open and as long u have no carb problems you'll be fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well look at that. Thanks guys for the info!
Just had this problem as well... Vaccum line was pushing air in my carb...and wouldnt idle long... I disconnected one of the lines from that tee that went into one of the heads and also ran the fuel line directly to the carb instead of having the fuel pump. So far so good... I believe that line that comes off the tee into the block is essentially for emissions... But not entirely sure. Seems to run fine without.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.