Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I was riding down from Minnesota on I-35 just south of Faribault, MN when I was passed by this guy on a Dyna Super Glide. I was running a little over 70 and this guy flew by me. He had to be running open pipes because the bike was so loud that it hurt my ears when he went by. I don't see how he stood the noise.

About 15 minutes later I saw some smoke alongside the road maybe 3/4 of mile down the road. A number of trucks in front of me were hitting the brakes and I moved over to the left lane. As I got up to where the smoke was coming from I saw the bike that passed me sitting on the right side of the road burning. Flames where shooting out of it.

I have no idea what happened or why but the bike was totally engulved in flames. A couple of trucks were pulling over to help and since there was nothing I could do without getting run over I kept going.

Anyone in that area hear about this?

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
This is the first I am reading about this story. It really makes you wonder what happened to the bike that it caught fire.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Maybe he was using JATO and it ignited the rest of the bike. At least he didn't ignite.

·
Registered
561 Posts
The sonic vibrations from the exhaust ignited the gasoline in the tank? harleys are a "Hot" bike...LOL

·
Registered
226 Posts
The ol' zip-tie the fuel line and wiring loom together trick.....for that "clean" look.
Maybe you can find the bike on Crazyape's auction website as an insurance total lost auction in a month or so.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts