Honda Shadow Forums banner

how about Ohio riders??

30K views 83 replies 58 participants last post by  lilgdad 
#1 ·
crappy weather is parking my bike inside near Cincinnati the next couple days :(

#6 ·
Columbus here. Looking forward to gettng my bike up to speed after years of being garaged by the previous owner. Everyone I know goes east in Ohio when they go for a day or weekend. I'd like to do some touring going southwest, west - maybe toward Indiana.

#7 ·
Columbus

I got out one afternoon in late December. They were forecasting evening storms. When I pulled out of the driveway it was 50 degrees and sunny. I got a mile from the house and the skies turned really dark. Another mile from the house and "Is that rain on my faceshield?". Another mile from the house and it was a monsoon, winds gusting to 40 and rain coming down in buckets at a 45 degree angle. In 100 yards, I was as wet as I could get.

I decided to take a shortcut home and came up to the first of two intersections that were 4 way stops last year but were now roundabouts. I entered the first one and as I rolled over the white painted lane arrow, the rear wheel kicked out on me. I was able to put my left foot down enough to keep the bike up but I am not much into drifting. The next roundabout I took MUCH slower. It was one of the few times that I was glad to get home. So much for a ride in December.

When I walked in the house my wife was grinning. She rides too. She said that she heard a funny sound, walked into the kitchen and saw heavy rain pounding on our sliding glass door. She knew I wasn't having my best day.

Ride safe!

#19 ·
I'm in Toledo. I would love to connect with some forum member to learn more about my bike and just get to know a large network of people.

If anyone is ever in the area, message me. My work schedule is not always the most flexible, but I would like to meet up.

Happy Belated Father's Day to all the dad's out there.

Trumpster1

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Motorcycle.com Free App

#23 ·
Try 16hrs south in gods country. ;)
Dad retired from Wright pat afb and they still live in Trotwood.

Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.