Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my other bike (97 Suzuki Marauder) I have a Mustang seat and on the pillion there is a small tear, The guy I purchased it from kept it in his shed with lawn mower and snow blower, and it looks like he didn't quite make it in one time, Also has a scratch in the fender just under the tear, Don't have any pics of it but it's about the size of a quarter. Only thing I can think of is that appolstery repair stuff they used to sell on tv that you put on the tear and hit lightly with an iron. Any other ideas. I unfortunately will be selling that bike come spring so getting it looking it's best will be good for selling.

Thanks
Dauntae

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
I patched my old Yamaha seat from the under side with Goop. I removed the seat cover and glued the tear together, let it set up and put it back on over the foam. Worked great and held up well. Goop sets up like hard rubber, so it will flex with the seat. Try it!

·
Registered
843 Posts
The more permanent way is to remove the seat cover and patch from the inside. I use contact cement. If you do it right you won't even see the patch. Patching from the outside is also possible but is prone to getting the patch ripped off and does not look as good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.