Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope you folks find that as interesting as I do. How did you come to name your bike? My bike "Turner" is named after my grandfather on my dad's side. Grandpa was his own "man" did what he wanted, but made sure his family was taken care of. So whats your story............?

·
Registered
467 Posts
Funny that you mention naming your bike, I have recently thought of this.
Nothing official yet, but when I look at my bike in the garage as I approach it sitting there on it's side stand and LEANING to the left, maybe 'Eileen' ? I'll consider other possibilities for awhile.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
KCochran: I certainly like the story of the name for your bike. Beautiful looking bike too.

My wife named mine. She says I sometimes spend more money on it than on her, and usually spend more time on/with my bike than with her. So, it's my Mistress. We get a good joke out of it when she comes on rides with me. I get to have a threesome....yeehaw!

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
I didn't name mine :p

·
Registered
17,988 Posts
When I saw a thread on names we use or have given our bikes, I started thinking on it, being as I never "officially" gave her a name...
I suppose Baby could be her name...
This comes from "sweet talking" her into whatever the situation calls for...
Come on Baby, crank up...
Come on Baby get me to the gas station...
Come on Baby the rain will end...
OK Baby you deserve a this "Bling" etc...

This is still NOT an official name though,
D :D

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess it's just me, but not naming my bike would be like not naming the kids or the dog!

·
Registered
471 Posts
I call me Sabre...story is...when I bought the bike, the manufacturer named her Sabre :p bahahah! I'm no good at naming objects. My wife does...and she hates the bike,so the name would pretty much be "B*tch from Hell" or something :p

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Fiona comes from the character on the TV show "Burn Notice" ...
Funny you should mention that. My bike's name is Saya, but I also name my GPS voices...all female...mostly because they like to argue with me and usually because, when it comes to finding directions, I usually lose the argument. :D

The Magellan GPS in my car is Samantha, because I saw that name flashed on the screen when I was updating the device.

My Smart Phone Co-Pilot GPS app is named Emma, because that's the name of the voice I downloaded. Emma is now on vacation because Co-Pilot took up way too much of my phone's internal memory. Now substituting for Emma is Lotta, the name of the voice on the Navigator App that replaced Co-Pilot. I can't abide the name Lotta, so if we become friends, I'll have to change it. But the apps don't get consulted much because I mostly use them as a backup for my...

Fiona. The Garmin GPS on my Shadow. Named after Fiona on Burn Notice.

Fiona and I go everywhere together. :cool:

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I've got two bikes. My Triumph T100 is a real beauty and the Triumph Trophy is a beast of a bike.
So it's Beauty and the Beast.

·
Registered
323 Posts
@Lonnie Mac. I have heard of that in men ... god speed my friend. You're a stronger person than I am.
Oh crap brotha! I totally re-read my post. I think I implied that I have breast cancer! Dang I didn't mean to do that. I meant that "y'all probably know what Moobs is short for".

Had way too many females in my family go that way though. I ride for them...

Sorry for the confusion. I am broken down in many other ways. Luckily cancer isn't one of them yet! :)

·
Registered
289 Posts
When I got my latest machine an 86 VT700, I soon realized that all of the CDI wires were burned into amass of char and the fuel pump was part of that mess I had no choice but to call the bike "Phoenix" when it finally ran. It literly rose from the ashes.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
the quiet riot, because when I got it the factory pipes were practically silent, the new pipes just make that an oxymoron. And this thing is a riot of fun every time I hop on!

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
I bought mine on our wedding anniversary so her name became "Annie".

I'm one who always names vehicles.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts