Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a kid back in the day must with my back and i came outside to see my bike on the ground. luckily not much happened to the bike except for the handle bars were way off. i loosened the nuts on the risers and was able to twist them back almost straight. how can i adjust it more? could the risers be off a little and need to buy a whole new set or new handle bar? because the bar looks fine. it is slightly off.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sorry i ment that a kid messed with my bike and i came outside and it was on the ground. how do i adjust the handle bars straight.

·
Registered
225 Posts
dunno anything about your bike, but i had a similar issue with mine when i bought it.

the bars were not square to the trees, and it bugged the doodoo out of me.

I loosened everything up (the hex bolts in the risers, and the nuts at the bottom of the risers (when they go thru the top of the head set)

once everything was loosed, I held the bars where i wanted them, and tightened the cap on the right riser.

then i turned the forks to the right, and forced the bars square to the head (my head bushings were warped from the long time bad install). I then tightened down the left cap.

once both caps were tight, the bars were square, so i tightened down the riser nuts (under the top of the head)

good as factory, and straight too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts