Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to follow the hose but can't seem to locate a bleeder. The bike is a 1995 vt1100c. Lately, seems hard to shift into 4th gear and is more "glunky" than normal when going from neutral to 1st. Changed oil and filter 300 miles ago, Rotella T 15w40.

·
Registered
53 Posts
There is a cover that you have to remove to access the clutch slave cylinder. Before you can remove the cover, you have to remove the kickstand switch. You will need a 5mm allen wrench to remove the switch and a 10mm socket to remove the bolt/stud on the bottom of the slave cylinder cover. After removing the bolt the cover should pull off.

The easiest way to bleed the clutch is to use a Mightyvac with the brake bleeder jar.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the detailed info, I'll do this tomorrow eve. Today got a little busy with family and picnic. Sounds like an easy job.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I'd recommend "bleed flushing" the line. Use a turkey baster or large syringe to remove most (but not all) of the fluid from the clutch master cylinder and fill with fresh, bleed until only fresh fluid comes out while keeping the master from running dry. Old, brown fluid does bad things to component internals.

I like the new Dot 4 synthetic myself.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply. I'll do the "bleed flushing" cause as you stated, the fluid is brownish and really needs changed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts