Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1994 VT1100C
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says, how do I find threads started by users?

It used to be an option when I clicked on the user name to find either posts by a user, or threads started by a user.

The "Discussions" option only brings up threads started since the new software (I had none till I started this thread).
When I click on "Show More", it still only shows this one.
Same for "Latest Activity". Nothing prior to the update.

Is all this still being gathered or are we just SOL?

·
Administrator
1997 Valkyrie Standard
10,828 Posts
Very good point, I too have used this feature quite a bit in the past. It appears that it is either gone or rebranded under some other feature I haven't found yet. Yet another thing to add to the list. Thank you for the notification

·
Registered
2001 Honda Shadow Aero 1100
357 Posts
what I just realised from going on @blupupher page to try to find his posts is we now have 'likes' for content score haha.

·
Premium Member
1994 VT1100C
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Apparently it is supposed to be the "discussions" option, but is not pulling from prior to the update.

If one of my old threads I started is posted to, it will update and show it on my "discussions", but as of right now, it only shows this thread and my thread on my darkside tire adventure that I just posted to (just to test it).

·
Administrator
1997 Valkyrie Standard
10,828 Posts
Apparently it is supposed to be the "discussions" option, but is not pulling from prior to the update.

If one of my old threads I started is posted to, it will update and show it on my "discussions", but as of right now, it only shows this thread and my thread on my darkside tire adventure that I just posted to (just to test it).
Yes, it is really odd. I can see several hundred of my posts/threads but several other members who have a substantial posting history are only showing posts/threads since the change, another glitch in the matrix it seems.

·
Premium Member
1994 VT1100C
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Well apparently discussions is just posts, not threads started.
Really annoying.

I read in another post someone mention site changes like this can kill a site, and unfortunately I see this as a possibility since the site is much harder to use than before.
There is no flow to this site, and multiple clicks to do things that used to be one click. Basic forum features are now gone (like find threads started by a user, collapse unwanted sections).
Things need to start being updated to user requests before people get frustrated and just quit coming.

·
Premium Member
4,575 Posts
Well apparently discussions is just posts, not threads started.
Really annoying.

I read in another post someone mention site changes like this can kill a site, and unfortunately I see this as a possibility since the site is much harder to use than before.
There is no flow to this site, and multiple clicks to do things that used to be one click. Basic forum features are now gone (like find threads started by a user, collapse unwanted sections).
Things need to start being updated to user requests before people get frustrated and just quit coming.
Agreed !

·
Premium Member
2015 Shadow Aero, 1972 Triumph 650 Tiger
750 Posts
This site is no longer very intuitive - just like many sites that have had their software "updated". It's like Windows 10: it's a modification but NOT an ugrade. Pure ***t. (Stars are my own.)

8^,,,((((

·
Premium Member
2015 Shadow Aero, 1972 Triumph 650 Tiger
750 Posts
This is total bee ess. There is no button that allows me to edit my previous post. WHERE ARE THE MODERATORS FOR THIS BLASTED SITE????????

8^,,,((((((

·
Administrator
1997 Valkyrie Standard
10,828 Posts
This is total bee ess. There is no button that allows me to edit my previous post. WHERE ARE THE MODERATORS FOR THIS BLASTED SITE????????

8^,,,((((((
Exactly what is your damage? I understand that you are frustrated but calling out the moderators, for not being on the forum and that have no control over forum changes is bullshit. To put it into perspective, you are mad about not being able to edit posts - on the old forum, you had about a 15-minute window to do so - if you missed that timeframe you couldn't edit anyway.

Also, you posted at 3 AM my time and are slipping a cog because no one is on the site to respond to your post. Really? Are we to be at your beck and call at all hours? I strongly suggest that you calm down. There are many things about this change in operating software that I do not care for and several more that I simply do not like. However, I am not bitching people or the techs out on the forum - until now. Yelling (all caps) is not going to get anything accomplished.

·
Premium Member
1994 VT1100C
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

8^,,,((((((
At the top of the post you want to edit there is a link to Edit:

I still have the option to edit 10 hours later (not sure what the current time limit is).

I agree, no reason to get so upset, this forum is small and is not monitored 24/7.
I have quite a few gripes about the new software, and am posting what I find annoying or lacking, but not getting angry about it because it is not fixed in 10 minutes.

·
Administrator
807 Posts
Like the title says, how do I find threads started by users?

It used to be an option when I clicked on the user name to find either posts by a user, or threads started by a user.

The "Discussions" option only brings up threads started since the new software (I had none till I started this thread).
When I click on "Show More", it still only shows this one.
Same for "Latest Activity". Nothing prior to the update.

Is all this still being gathered or are we just SOL?
Advanced search is something our development team is actively working on. I hope to see an update on this soon.

Please see the following thread.

Our development team is actively working on developing an advanced search feature that will better help find exactly what you are looking for. This is a priority for all of us.

We’ve also heard that searching within threads and forums is critical as well as being able to filter by date and thread title. While there are more search functions that can be added, we want to work towards delivering you better Search as soon as possible. Let us know if we are on the right track.
- Cricket

·
Premium Member
1994 VT1100C
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
so any update on this?
I was looking for one of my first posts here, and there is no way to search for it.
Can't find posts started by me like I used to.
The only search option that I can find is the one at the top. No way to narrow search results by forum, time frame, subject content or user.
Or am I missing the advanced search function that is a part of every other forum software?

Still not liking this downgrade of a forum.

Edit:
I found a way to search for the posts I started, but must be in the sub-forum it was made in.
Just go to a sub-forum, click on "filters" and type in the user name in the "started by" section.
Still does not help if I don't know what sub-forum it is in, but at least I can find posts started by members.

I also saw that advanced search is being worked on in the Sept 6 update thread.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts