Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a newbie. I'm a girl. And I want to learn. So if this is naive, I'm sorry.
I want to put a chrome radiator cover on, but I can't see how to get the bottom fasteners off. I can't tell what they are. I pulled the rubber caps off, but those aren't screws (duh). I'm super hyperopic (can't see worth a dang closeup), so I can't really see these. Can someone help me?

·
Registered
423 Posts
CH,
You didn't mention which '88 Shadow you have. I looked up the radiator on an 1100 and found the bolts are 6mm, but it didn't say what kind of head they have. There are several parts fiches available online, I use http://www.powersportspro.com You'll have to register to use the fiche, but it's free. Sorry I wasn't any more help!

Brian

·
Registered
48 Posts
cathamm - Sounds to me like you are already learning - load it with chrome.........You did not say if your bike was an 1100 or a 750.

I have a Honda Service Manual for an 87-93 1100 on CD if that would help. If yours is an 1100 and you want a copy, email me. Link is on the bottom of this post.

Never mind - I see yours is a VLX......

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
I posted this on your other thread about the cover, maybe it
got bumped down before you saw it...

litnin said:
There is only one screw that holds the radiator cover on.

Those rubber **** at the bottom are just locators and they do not need to come off.

On the top of the radiator cover, you'll see a single phillips head screw (unless someone has replaced it with something else).

Remove that screw, tilt the cover slightly outward from the top and
push down.
The cover should pop right off.

Those rubber **** center in two holes in the cover and they are there to
keep the cover from buzzing and vibrating.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.