Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you hold two full face helmets while going down the road? (Not on our heads.)

Here is the situation: My wife and I are taking our first long trip this June. We plan on taking back roads along the Mississippi River. Neither of us like to wear our helmets on leisurely rides. (Personal choice, we know the dangers.) We will be cramped for room. I would like to take along two full face helmets to wear in case of rain. I currently have two hardbags and a soft sided sissybar bag. I am sure these both will be full of clothes. Now, where do I carry them while we are not wearing them? Any thoughts?
Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Could you use their straps to attach them to the sides, back, or top of the soft sided sissy bar bag? My bag has a net on the top that I am able to buckle my helmet around so it can sit on top while I'm off the bike, and I don't have to worry about it falling.

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
We only wear our helmets in states the require them, so we always used snap rings to hold them to our tour pack that sits back on the luggage rack. I use a small bungy strap to hold them from bounching around.

You can kinda see how they hang on the back in this photo.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all. I had PainterD's idea but my soft sided bag is not that tall and the helmets hang so far down that they come close to covering the tail light. I am trying to do what Dr Bob's Patient told me to do. (Read, I am cheap/wife want me to buy a nice sissy bar bag.) I have come up with the idea of putting the two helmets in another softsided bag (duffel type) and securing them on top of the other soft sided bag. I will have to load up everthing like we were going and go for a ride sometime just to try my idea out. I would hate to get 100 miles away from home and have to get a nice bag. Hmmmmmmm............. could this be a way to get one.........

Thanks again!

·
Registered
628 Posts
I admit that I've been tempted to strap my helmet to the luggage rack on a particularly sunny day in a helmet optional state.

Then I always think of how embarrassed I'd feel if I died from a head injury with my helmet tied to to back of my bike. :D

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
The obvious answer for me is, You have two helmets and your wife has two hands. Problem solved.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Out here in Oregon we see all the time - Yeah, I wrecked my 4x4 truck. Did you have it in 4WD? Well - No.

USE the helmet.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.