Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought a bunch was wrong but after checking and learning so much about my bike it’s amazing but i do have one more question 1 is this what is causing my bike trouble it’s burned out completely can’t even put the replacement in

·
Premium Member
1999 Shadow 750 ACE VT750CD3 Modified
3,141 Posts
That is a normal looking 750 ACE fuse box with the correct number of fuses(5).
Mine looks the same other than I have a 10 Amp spare fuse.
The right end hole in the 6 slot fuse box is not used and has no contacts.

·
Registered
1983 VT500C, 1985 parts VT700C
602 Posts
HOWEVER..pull the fuses out one at a time, clean the terminal,
put dielectric grease on the fuse, replace fuse, go to the next fuse..

Reactions: h13man

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
14,943 Posts
If there are no wires or connectors under the fuse box then there isn't a fuse there.

·
Premium Member
3,141 Posts
Probably a waste of time and money, check the power and continuity with a meter.
Looks fine to me as is. Here is mine and all the stuff works just fine on my bike.

·
Registered
448 Posts
It doesn't look much different from pics others have posted of functioning fuse boxes.

The right end slot may have gotten boogered from being poked/pried at, but it's not used and is left empty.
Other than being dirty, I don't see anything the would hinder it's function.
Disconnect the battery, pull the fuses and clean the contacts along with everything else, install new fuses, done.
That's what I'd do...
jmo,
:)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It doesn't look much different from pics others have posted of functioning fuse boxes.

The right end slot may have gotten boogered from being poked/pried at, but it's not used and is left empty.
Other than being dirty, I don't see anything the would hinder it's function.
Disconnect the battery, pull the fuses and clean the contacts along with everything else, install new fuses, done.
That's what I'd do...
jmo,
It’s melted and it’s the fan fuse it won’t engage and I am over heating and the fan isn’t coming in the two in front are the replacement fuses there is nothing left in the bottom for the fuse to go into on the fan fuse

·
Premium Member
3,141 Posts
The 10 Amp at the other end of the fuse box is the fan fuse, furthest away from the empty slot.
As shown on the inside the lid sticker. The sticker is not a mirror image.
The hole is just a hole.

Take a look at the picture of my fuse box, it has the empty slot on the right of the picture too.

·
Registered
3004 VT750C
67 Posts
There is a thermal relay at the bottom of radiator. that grounds the neg side of fan (does not switch 12V to fan). Check for 12V here (only one wire going to relay) when fan is off.
A simple way to check relay is to ground this wire to chassis, fan should come on with keyin 'on' position. and I would not recommend running the bike for long periods with the relay bypassed.
I agree with all the previous responses regarding the fuse box, mine looks the same as yours ('05 VT750C)

·
Registered
448 Posts
There is a thermal relay at the bottom of radiator. that grounds the neg side of fan (does not switch 12V to fan). Check for 12V here (only one wire going to relay) when fan is off.
A simple way to check relay is to ground this wire to chassis, fan should come on with keyin 'on' position. and I would not recommend running the bike for long periods with the relay bypassed.
I agree with all the previous responses regarding the fuse box, mine looks the same as yours ('05 VT750C)
Yep thermal switch is on the ground side of the fan, I've added that switch and a fan to dirt bikes.

The extra wire is a temporary ground back to the frame.
$10 amazon thermal switch.
$15 ebay fan

·
Premium Member
2000 Honda Shadow Spirit VT1100C
3,403 Posts
It’s melted and it’s the fan fuse it won’t engage and I am over heating and the fan isn’t coming in the two in front are the replacement fuses there is nothing left in the bottom for the fuse to go into on the fan fuse
The very first reply to your question from CSRoad stated that no fuse goes in that slot. Have you been reading the replies to your question?

·
Registered
448 Posts
OH, OK
Never mind...
Done here,

·
Registered
448 Posts
OK
Earth to Kinkodono212
NOT fuse for fan circled in RED

really done now,

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey
OK
Earth to Kinkodono212
NOT fuse for fan circled in RED
View attachment 291190
really done now,
well the The diagram on the upside of the box clearly stats that it is in fact for the fan I installed a switch with a fuse and it works perfectly......... now I am really done ✅ no need to be a dick we get it your the coolest ever lame

·
Premium Member
3,141 Posts
Hey
well the The diagram on the upside of the box clearly stats that it is in fact for the fan I installed a switch with a fuse and it works perfectly......... now I am really done ✅
Glad you got it sorted out!
You've got to bear in mind it gets frustrating for the usually helpful unpaid contributors here on the tech list and the year 2020 stuff doesn't seem to help.

Way back when I bought my house, it took me a bit of frustration until I realized that the table on the inside of the electrical panel door was mostly filled in mirror image, it remains on my long list of things to fix, maybe next year. (-;

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hey

well the The diagram on the upside of the box clearly stats that it is in fact for the fan I installed a switch with a fuse and it works perfectly......... now I am really done ✅ no need to be a dick we get it your the coolest ever lame
Thanks for the clarification
I just went negative to get you to respond because you were ignoring what many others have posted as their norm, even pictures of their setup/ the same as yours, didn't get a response.

I'll be a dick when required, as it seems that positive advise often gets ignored by OPs here and only the negative stuff gets a argumentative response.
I can be a dick sometimes but I have never indulged in name calling...yet.

Good to know you got it working to your satisfaction.
Did you end up replacing the Fuse Block??
Post a pic of the finished repair, I'd like to see it.

jmo,
Edit: well there was that time I mistakenly mixed up someones forum name with "Capt. Obvious"...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts