Honda Shadow Forums banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Louisiana heat/humidity --- 85* night time, but a full face helmet is mandatory (even when temp is above 100) & so is a cell phone (connection to insurance company).

·
Registered
16,272 Posts
I guess this time of year is the best time to outta the picture, Recovering!
Not able to ride in this heat, BUT I miss my rides!!!

I`m Proud to Ride HONDA!!!
D

166,000+ on the clock

·
Registered
416 Posts
Whew... This afternoon here in Richmond, Virginia, the temp soared to 93°F (still is - at 4:23pm!). I decided to get completely crazy and ditched my gear, unclip the faceshield on my HJC CL-33 open face helmet, and went for a quick ride to top off the gas tank in my beloved '07 Shadow Aero 750 (now with 43,108 miles) :cool:

Anyone else shed gear when the temps soar up into the 90's or do you still ride AGATT no matter what the weather?

As soon as it gets warm enough I leave the leather in the top-case for the ride home, usually around high 70's. Although I never ride without the face shield on my helmet, half my ride is in the country and the bugs get plentiful outside the city, especially the larger bugs.

Attachments

·
Registered
416 Posts
This is getting off track. Why is this a debate? I wear gear because I want to and my experience showed me it works. Others don’t wear gear because they don’t want to, that’s their choice to make. Let’s just leave it at that.

Sitting on my VTX making Vroom Vroom noises.

https://www.vtxoa.com/forums/members/95246-smurfy71-albums-my-vtx1300-picture40314-img-1373.jpg
Well put!

I went down last September, broke three ribs and bruised my left lung, but had no road rash, and I was in a polo and jeans.

Attachments

·
Registered
416 Posts
I know what you mean about heat... Once I rode with my insulated leather jacket and (you all know Virginia's legendary temp range) the temps were nice and cool in the morning, but by afternoon, we had a record heat wave suddenly hit. I about died on the way home from work, and was soaked so bad in sweat, I looked like I went swimming!

Many on this forum have mentioned a FF helmet... How do you do it? I can't. I just can't. Call me weird. Call me a "mental case". ...whatever... I just can't do it. The minute I try on a FF helmet, I instantly freak out and can't breathe, and rip the helmet off! :shock:

The best I can do for protection is a 3/4, open face, helmet. It's just the way it is, and the way I am...
I can't wear a full face helmet either, I've tried twice and ended up selling both helmets. Give me a 3/4 helmet everytime.

Attachments

·
Registered
372 Posts
Pretty sure however the AGATT views we may have differ, we probably agree the best protection is your eyes and situational awareness. Maybe the acronym should be EOAATT..Eyes Open Alert All The Time. No amount of gear can spare you if you really get whacked, and that's most likely if ya don't see it comin..just sayin.
(See "Never Again!" Post #17)

41 - 48 of 48 Posts