Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After several days of seemingly endless rain, the sun finally came out today.

It's a cool (for us) 45 degrees F, so I added my ski mask, bulky gloves and thick wool socks to my usual riding gear.

Had a really nice ride into work. Only thing cold, really, were my knees. Had a hairy situation turning onto the road where my job is. Local utility crews are doing something to the sewers, and some yahoo in city truck thought it would be funny to pull out in front of me, but I laid on my horn and swerved to miss him.

Got to work a little pissed, but none the worse for wear. Took off my gear & boots, put on my casual shoes, and walked to another department.

When I got back to my desk, I tripped over my riding boots and fell down, scraping my wrist. Now I gotta fill out an accident form, go to HR, and possibly get drug tested (which I will easily pass.).

Life's funny that way....

·
Registered
563 Posts
When I got back to my desk, I tripped over my riding boots and fell down, scraping my wrist. Now I gotta fill out an accident form, go to HR, and possibly get drug tested (which I will easily pass.).

Life's funny that way....
You have to all that cause you tripped.....I would have failed to mention it to anyone.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You have to all that cause you tripped.....I would have failed to mention it to anyone.
Actually, since two people SAW me trip, I DON'T have to get drug tested! HR director laughed and told me to get back to work.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Actually, since two people SAW me trip, I DON'T have to get drug tested! HR director laughed and told me to get back to work.
A rare victory of Rational Thought over Mindless Policy. I would treasure that moment...they are increasingly scarce. :)

·
Registered
11,102 Posts
funny that they test for drugs but rarely for drunkenness
It should be part of the testing protocol. We use little alcohol testers as a first test, then a saliva analysis to see if there is a need for further testing at the clinic or hospital.

I lose my job if I fail to administer either test when there is an accident.

·
Registered
11,102 Posts
I understand that you're in an office environment, and I'm looking at it with warehouse / forklift goggles. (And I am the safety director at the facility I work in-I know, big whoopie.) I get it....
But in general terms, this is a flawed way to look at what was an accident. You tripped, fell, and injured yourself. What you trip over and who saw it doesn't change that or change the fact that you could have been under the influence of alcohol or some other drug at the time.

Anyway...pretty complex story to cover for 'hurting your wrist'.....;-) We do not need pics....

·
Premium Member
4,575 Posts
glad your alright. :)

·
Registered
5,352 Posts
I would not have reported something like that if I had carelessly left my boots where anyone could have tripped over them..I think you were lucky they just laughed it off and sent you back to work..

John.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts