Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
286 Posts
Before I got a modulator I would run with my high beam on in the daytime, and the high beam would burn out after about 12000 miles or so (about one year of riding) I never burned out the low beam 'cause I hardly ever used it. I'm hoping now with my modulator that the light lasts me at least two years (the way I figure it, now the high beam is on only half the time so it should last twice as long.)

-Scott

· Registered
286 Posts
TucsonDon said:
silvershadow55 said:
I'm hoping now with my modulator that the light lasts me at least two years (the way I figure it, now the high beam is on only half the time so it should last twice as long.)
Interesting ... I wonder if the frequent "on/off" of the high beam filament might cause some strain on the life of it? I honestly don't know. But it's an interesting thought. My guess is there's some "cost" to that -- your high beam filament might last longer, but not twice as long.
You are probably correct... but since the filaments switch something like 240 times per minute (4x per second) I would guess that they have very little time to heat/cool, so the stresses are not as bad as they otherwise might be (if they heated and cooled completely). I'll let you know in about two years how it goes :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.