Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know?

i've learned that they are rare (only after i bought one & tried to find some parts for it).

my VIN ends in 000308, meaning it's the 308th one that came off the line. please reply with the last few numbers of your VIN.

i'm just curious,

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
4,920, all made in the latter part of 87, but badged as 88. This is per the folks at the Marysville, Oh plant where they were made. My vin is 3k and some change.

·
Registered
74 Posts
dz, Just checked my VIN and it ends with 579. I too found out how exclusive this bike is only after purchasing.... but love her.

lang, how you doing? When I saw this post yesterday I couldn't remember how many you said had been made but figured you'd eventually provide the answer. I've been collecting a few more parts I'd like to replace and as soon as the weather turns too bad to ride I figure I'll get some work done. Took a spill on Hwy 101 recently but was almost at a stop so additional damage but someone knocked her over in a parking lot and dented the right heat shield. Still unable to find a luggage rack or crash bar available for her though.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
things are good - I'm finishing up my xs650 hardtail project which is keeping me out of trouble. Yeah, I'm glad I saw this thread, I don't check in as regularly as I used to. This sort of info is pretty top secret, it was really a miracle that I found someone willing to look it up and actually tell me.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Those are really cool looking bikes. I can't understand why they would not stay in production. I like the low slung rake. Is that engine a single or twin pin?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts