Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Does anyone know how to adjust the speedo on an '02 shadow? it reads 5mph fast. Took it off but didn't see any adjustment screws or pots.
Thanks in advance!:p

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
At least it's not reading 5 mph slow.

·
Banned
3,795 Posts
This is common to all Hondas in my experience, and I believe an industry standard. Gives the owner the false sense of higher fuel economy. OK, now for the conspiracy theorist's response.

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
This is common to all Hondas in my experience, and I believe an industry standard. Gives the owner the false sense of higher fuel economy. OK, now for the conspiracy theorist's response.
I will do you one better in the conspiracy theory category - mileage warranty ends 10% sooner that is should. :wink:

·
Banned
3,795 Posts
I will do you one better in the conspiracy theory category - mileage warranty ends 10% sooner that is should. :wink:
Trade in value from mileage depreciation??? Actual tire life??? Insurance value if totaled??? The list is nearly endless.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Don't know about my Shadow yet but my 2009 Silver Wing scooter was 10% fast on the spedometer but dead on with the odometer compared with my GPS.

Frank

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, my odomoter is also fast, but only .1 mi in 5 mi (2%). The speedo is not a % off, it is 5mph off regardless of speed.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Well I'm catching up this week, Speedo cable snapped on me this week end so I'll be riding without putting ANY miles on the bike this week LOL Have a new cable on order however.

Dauntae

·
Registered
946 Posts
I must have something really wrong with mine then. I've done several 200 mile + trips with brother in-law and his Road King. The odometers are always with-in 1 or 2 miles of each other. Speeds match up as well. Maybe I need to get it into the shop.:-D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1 - 16 of 16 Posts