Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to remove the pedal assembly from my 02 750 ACE.
I have it all apart ( finally after I got that freakin cotterpin out :evil: )
and the last thing I need to diss-assemble to remove the enitre assemble is the Brake light switch....
How is that done?
I see there is a plastic type of washer that sort of mates up to the mounting plate. It doesn't look like it will take a wrench, so do I just loosen it by hand?

Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated 8)

for reference I am trying to remove item # 6

http://houseofmotorcycles.bikebandit.com/partsbandit/oem_schematic_view~schem_dept_id~383783~section_dept_id~1~section_dept_name~OEM+(Stock)+Parts~dept_type_id~2~model_dept_year~2002~model_dept_mfr~Honda~model_dept_id~375153~model_dept_name~VT750CDA+(SHADOW+ACE+DELUXE-BLACK)).asp

·
Registered
213 Posts
I don't know on your bike specifically but I would think that once the #7 spring is unhooked from the switch, the switch should pull right out of it's mounting hole. The knurled ring is just to adjust the switch out and in.

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
According to the schematic and looking at my bike - it looks to me like just unplug it, remove the pull-spring and unscrew it (adjustment screw) and it should come right out.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PainterD said:
According to the schematic and looking at my bike - it looks to me like just unplug it, remove the pull-spring and unscrew it (adjustment screw) and it should come right out.
You where bang on, as soon as the spring was disconnected it came out.....took a bit, but it came out pretty easliy.

Thanks guys

1 - 4 of 4 Posts