Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
2013 Honda Shadow Phantom 750
4,788 Posts

Enjoy, stay safe.
I noticed a picture of your bike in another thread and saw that you had the risers on it.

Where did you purchase them? Was it a recent purchase?

I bought my risers from Scootworks about four years ago for my Phantom. I thought, for some reason, they had quit making them.

Eric

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

Reactions: SashaSolo

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I noticed a picture of your bike in another thread and saw that you had the risers on it.

Where did you purchase them? Was it a recent purchase?

I bought my risers from Scootworks about four years ago for my Phantom. I thought, for some reason, they had quit making them.

Eric

New company new awesome risers, completely different.

· Registered
1,084 Posts

thanks for the link

OK, thought you made the vid but saw it at that link.
So, I had refrained from commenting but now know it was not your vid, I have to ask why the guy took off all the controls/levers/etc. from the handlebars? (a rhetorical question, no need to answer).

Totally unnecessary in my view as I have changed risers without going thru the complexity of removing the controls only to re-install them after adding/changing the risers.
just sayin'

· Registered
2013 Honda Shadow Phantom 750
4,788 Posts

Thanks for the link. Even though I already have a set on my bike this type of a product is asked about from timr to time. I now have somewhere to guide folks asking.

Eric

· Registered
3,275 Posts
At 1st glance, I was wondering if they were strong enough with being hollow down to where the threads on the bars were., If the lower part is the same as the 750 Ace they should be hollow down to the bottom of the thickest part. which leaves the strength of the shoulder area. Should be good. I was actually thinking of trying to make some similar ones on my lathe, don't know how to get an 8mm tap that deep in the 10mm hole. Must be a special deep hole tap or something... yep, $35 each,,,

· Registered
1,084 Posts
At 1st glance, I was wondering if they were strong enough with being hollow down to where the threads on the bars were., If the lower part is the same as the 750 Ace they should be hollow down to the bottom of the thickest part. which leaves the strength of the shoulder area. Should be good. I was actually thinking of trying to make some similar ones on my lathe, don't know how to get an 8mm tap that deep in the 10mm hole. Must be a special deep hole tap or something... yep, $35 each,,,

As to going DIY
You could just use some metric all-thread and some spark plug socket to make "chrome" risers...or black sockets for "black" risers, no lathe needed.
As needing a long tap, there are tap extensions that are way cheaper than that tap or a 1/4 drive socket and extension could be used.
jmo,
Edit: you'll need 2 10mm coupling nuts for that to work:
Amazon.com: uxcell M10 X 1.5-Pitch 30mm Length 304 Stainless Steel Metric Hex Coupling Nut, 2Pcs: Home Improvement

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

material is billet steel same as crank shafts are made from and stress tested for 300lbs :) they ain’t going to brake anytime soon :)

· Registered
3,275 Posts
Those 8mm threads are 2+ inches down inside a 12mm hole My tap extension won't fit there.

Yeah, Once I measured an Ace riser, (assuming the Ace has the same length setup...) I realized the hole stopped before going into the Boss/stud part of the riser extension. no worries.

· Registered
3,275 Posts
Seeing that garage door opener on the bars reminds me, Anyone got a link to the door opener that ties into the headlight so it opens the door when you flick the hi-beam on?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts