Honda Shadow Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
I use the Derek Weaver Blackjack, cut the 2 tall posts at the different height needed for the uneven frame tubes, works fine, Can lift either end high enough for tire or fork work. They come rounded for the frame tubes, I used a hole saw in a drill press to cut them down. A hacksaw to cut them off and cut a V would also work fine., I also ground a flat area on one side as it was up against the radiator hose.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Zeny 1100lb Motercycle jack with adjustable saddle liftpoints - Works well...
View attachment 291159
Always available amazon & walmart...
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Zeny-110...e-Dirt-Bike-Scooter-Crank-Stand-New/736616292
https://www.amazon.com/ZENY-Motorcycle-Center-Scissor-Scooter/dp/B01860HLCU
Walmart's best price at $54 & free shipping to your door

Have had one for 5 yrs - works great, handy, easy, lifts either end or both (lift backend first, place block & padding board under swingarm frame area - then lower jack, slide jack forward & lift front end, no prob! - that was the my first use for the lift to remove both wheels and take em in to get new(both) tires mounted )
Also handy to change blades on lawn tractor!
Good Bang for the Buck!
For my 1100 Shadow this jacks works great and is cheap. Lifting the front or back up. I can actually lift the both wheels off the ground if need be.

·
Registered
2003 VT1100C Spirit
170 Posts
Nice
If it were me, I'd take the riser off the lift jack and mount the blocks on a base board at the proper spacing to line up with the frame.
That way, you would not have to crawl around lining up the blocks with the the frame.

I built a similar thing to clear pipes running under the engine on a different bike, it actually had some shallow-self centering "V"s cut into the wood at the frame contact points.
Something you may consider.
jmo,
:)
The simple baseboard concept was my first lift adaptor idea, but it wouldn't work because of the locations of the kickstand mechanism and the oil filter. Adding the lift jack risers with the blocks was a simple solution that ended up working great without putting my wood working skills to test.
Whichever lift system is used, crawling around under a motorcycle on the garage floor is a right of passage for any self respecting do it yourself-er!

🤓

·
Registered
871 Posts
I used a wood one like Kenstone posted in post #9, Works great on a 750 Ace. I did add a couple sections of 1x3 to the top with a gap in the middle for clearance around the oil filter. Do NOT get it too far forward, you can damage the bottom radiator hose connection or too far back and it will bend the wire bail holding the vent hose and pinch the vent hose. Otherwise used it almost exclusively on the 750.

Won't work on either bike I have here now. It may have to find a new home if the guy who bought my 01 750 doesn't come get ir soon.

Reactions: Kenstone
21 - 24 of 24 Posts