Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I purchased my Aero 750, the original owner had Cobra drag pipes installed. In my opinion, they sound bad and are louder than I want. I'm considering purchasing the stock exhaust or maybe just something a little less obnoxious. Before I do that, are there ways to change the sound of this kind of exhaust without spending a lot of money or causing damage?
Also, has anyone else had bad experiences with aftermarket exhausts? I would have thought any aftermarket exhaust would be an improvement but these are just loud and ugly sounding.

·
Super Moderator
6,535 Posts
Cobra Drags Suck!

Been there done that; the only way to make them sound descent is by installing a pair of HP-Plus Baffles.

2 inch HP-PLUS® DRAG BAFFLE

Actually, the HP-Plus baffles will make the Drags sound pretty good. Not too loud with a nice, deep rumble. But, they're still Cobra Drags. Ugly welds, flawed chrome and flimsy mounting system.

Phil

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, adding baffles sounds like a pretty reasonable compromise. Just in terms of volume, how does adding baffles usually compare the stock and straight pipes? i.e. half way between, still closer to straight pipes than stock etc.

·
Premium Member
8,072 Posts
. Met a guy at a bike show last year. Same bike as mine the only difference was his had baffles in his Cobra Drags. They were definitely lower with the decibels.

·
Registered
725 Posts
The main reasons for buying aftermarket exhaust is they are louder and less restricted, more performance. They should have baffles at the tips. You can add wrap to the baffles to help make them quieter. They should have changed the jets when they changed the exhaust. If you choose to go back to stock you should also change the jets back to stock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.