Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,678 Posts
Not familiar with your bike, but did you try your service manual? You do have a manual, don't you?

·
Premium Member
7,678 Posts
Sorry you took it that way, but not trying to be a wisea$$. I'm trying to convince you to posess the most important tool you can own for your bike if you don't already. I guess you answered my question.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry you took it that way, but not trying to be a wisea$$. I'm trying to convince you to posess the most important tool you can own for your bike if you don't already. I guess you answered my question.
sheesh, IF I Could find it I wouldn't be answering this useless post wow, lmao

hence my OP. Is asking a technical question in this section taboo now??

·
Registered
449 Posts
You will pretty much have the whole front end tore down getting them off. You can download the manual up in the sticky section were it says manuals.

·
Registered
354 Posts
You will pretty much have the whole front end tore down getting them off. You can download the manual up in the sticky section were it says manuals.
I did that a few weeks ago and it's been a great help. I do still look for the manual whenever I'm out somewhere that has them. Somehow it just don't feel right unless I have a paper one all dirty and dog-eared.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
drop the forks is all that's required from memory, the forks have a black rub ring that does look that flash, When I get a moment I can take some pics of them off

I changed my triple tree for a trike build :)

·
Banned
289 Posts
You need to post more detailed info about the problem. If it's all the time, and it's "been going on for a while (at least a year).", you may be at risk of a serious failure. Replacement before failure is critical, as failure could damage the parts involved. Do an advanced search on the failures. There are several threads on the subject.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
going through my old pics shows the tripples still in place with fork covers gone

you can see the black rub rings on the fork leg in this pic, they sit in a groove so you either have the black or a grove to look at.

you will need to drop the brake caliper off to let the forks drop, and if your model has a speedo cable disconnect that too :)

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
just had a look at the bits under the bench, 2x 10mm headed bolts on the lower triple tree (if you can get those out with the lights/ screen on they can stay) and the rubbers/guides are all that hole them on, undo the fork clams, remove the brake caliper then raise the bike enough to drop the forks all the way out then slide the covers out

I had to use a bit of wood dowel and hammer to gently tap the forks out (even from side to side) as the rubbers in the top of the covers gripped them a bit, a bit of lube helps (CRC,WD40)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts