Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I actually did try to do a search on this in the archives before posting...and I *DO* have the shop manual for the bike, but I can't find anywhere that describes how to replace the grips on a 750 C2. There are no bolts on the end cap or anywhere else that I can see.

I'm fairly sure it is possible ;)

If someone could point me in the right direction for instructions I would appreciate it. I'm seriously considering some new Kuryakyn ISO grips and a throttle boss of some sort, but I'd like to understand what is required to do the replacement before I order them.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
Really simple, cut the old ones and peel them off, clean off ALL the glue, use dish soap/ hair spray and lube the bar or throttle barrel, note that one grip is bigger than the other because of this, with a twisting pushing motion push them on being sure to get them aliened the way you want them, let them set overnight,,that's it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Go to www.shadowaero750.com In the index on left, click Mods, down under Custom Modifications will be a listing Accessories. Go down to Kuryakyn Grips Installation 2.
Thanks for the link. But I would suggest reading the one titled "Kuryakyn Grips Installation - The fun way". I read this during a late lunch in my office and just about died trying not to laugh too loud in the office. I'm fairly sure it was funny because I can relate to most of the story.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the information. This is MUCH easier that I was expecting.

Between accurate and timely advice on South American jails and multiple links/advice on how to change grips, I'm starting to feel that this group is nearly omnipotent!

·
Registered
06' VT1100C/99' GL1500C Valkyrie
8,924 Posts
Thanks for all the information. This is MUCH easier that I was expecting.

Between accurate and timely advice on South American jails and multiple links/advice on how to change grips, I'm starting to feel that this group is nearly omnipotent!
Hidy Ho neighbor! I used "pump" hairspray on the handle bar section. Applied glue as per Kuryakyn instructions and slid right on without any hassle and had plenty of time to position. 10 min. later done. PM if you have any questions. PS: I have a coworker thats from "Rosstucky". :lol: I'm originally from "Frantucky".:shock::lol:

·
Registered
292 Posts
Go to www.shadowaero750.com In the index on left, click Mods, down under Custom Modifications will be a listing Accessories. Go down to Kuryakyn Grips Installation 2.
nraluke, thanks for this link. I found a whole ton of nice write-ups here. This is a great site!

·
Registered
1 Posts
All that crap about how to install grips the fun way may have been entertaining for some of you, but as a highly frustrated owner of a Shadow 750 with a handlebar grip on the throttle side I cant get both throttle cables re-connected correctly I found it un-amusing to put it nicely. Outright a waste of time and fleeting patience and definiley not helpful in any way,shape or form. It was just stupid.
What would be great instead of some bunch of bs joke making story would be an actual post or forum that describes how one can correctly resolve this issue. Not read some stupid AF story about some a-hole drinking Jack Daniels in Tx ... THAT would actually be helpful ... smh. How idiotic .

Anyone know a REAL website or forum where useful and realistic information can be found ?

·
Registered
2007 VT750DC Spirit “chopper”
1,042 Posts
All that crap about how to install grips the fun way may have been entertaining for some of you, but as a highly frustrated owner of a Shadow 750 with a handlebar grip on the throttle side I cant get both throttle cables re-connected correctly I found it un-amusing to put it nicely. Outright a waste of time and fleeting patience and definiley not helpful in any way,shape or form. It was just stupid.
What would be great instead of some bunch of bs joke making story would be an actual post or forum that describes how one can correctly resolve this issue. Not read some stupid AF story about some a-hole drinking Jack Daniels in Tx ... THAT would actually be helpful ... smh. How idiotic .

Anyone know a REAL website or forum where useful and realistic information can be found ?
I get that you may be frustrated, but understand that the last post in this thread before yours was in 2014, there is a ton of helpful and useful information on this website and plenty of the members may be able help point you to the correct directions or diagrams you need. You may get more responses by creating your own new thread with The Year and Model of Shadow and which side of the throttle cable connections you’re having issues with.

·
Administrator
1997 Valkyrie Standard
10,904 Posts
Interesting how the first post is dragging an old thread up, complaining about and insulting both the forum members and the website itself. Troll much?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Now, now... Sometimes mechanicals have a way of removing one’s sense of humour.

Think of how frustrated you are? Others have been there. Hence the NEED for comic relief.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts