Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2001 Honda Shadow Spirit VT750DC

I had my carbs cleaned last night. The guy that did it did a good job, but he somehow ran the choke cable the wrong way. I looked at the service manual but there are no good pictures of how the choke cable runs from the carbs to its holder. Might anyone have a good picture of this? THANKS!

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
For future reference in case someone else needs to know...

The longer cable connects to the hole for it on the right side of the bike. The cable then runs in front of the carbs then the smaller choke cable connects to the hole for it on the left side of the bike. The fat part connecting the two cables then goes behind the carburetors by the fuel line and connects to the bracket for it where the pull knob is.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi, I understand this is an old thread.
I'm a newbie and rejetted the carbs on my 2002 Shadow ACE over the weekend.
Everything is back together, but I still can't figure out how to route the choke cables without kinking.

I don't quite understand the description above. Where are the "holes" on the left and right side of the bike?

If anyone has links to pictures or other resources, I would be very grateful.

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
18,776 Posts
I found this one but I don't know if it is enough to help.

Attachments

·
Registered
1999 Shadow 750 ACE VT750CD3 Modified
4,461 Posts
A picture from the Honda Service Manual.

I took my carbs off the first time and had them off and on a couple of times 'til I got it right.
I cursed myself for not taking pictures before I started.

When it was all said and done and working fine, I decided to RTFM and found this picture and so I share it.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks all.
I found a great video on gumroad.com, where a guy removes and rebuilds the carbs, and he showed the routing clearly.
I'm waiting for a couple of screws I ordered as well as some silicone spray, and then I'll take my carbs back out and try again while watching the video.

I feel like working on the Shadow is kind of like playing with those metal puzzles where everything has to be properly oriented in 3 dimensions to slip past each other.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, I understand this is an old thread.
I'm a newbie and rejetted the carbs on my 2002 Shadow ACE over the weekend.
Everything is back together, but I still can't figure out how to route the choke cables without kinking.

I don't quite understand the description above. Where are the "holes" on the left and right side of the bike?

If anyone has links to pictures or other resources, I would be very grateful.
i think he was talking about the holes on the side of the carbs were the ends of the cables attach to the carbs

1 - 8 of 8 Posts