Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to swap out the stock turn signals for billet style. Since the spirit has 3 wire for the front to maintain them as running lights....what do i do with these billet lights that only have 2 wires coming out?

Does everyone who runs billet style signals just lose them as running lights or is there a set out there that is specifically for 3 wire setup, or a kit to help with this?

I ask, because i just ordered 2 pair of billet turn signals with halogen bulbs in them. They only come with 2 wire. Hopefully, i dont have to send 1 set back or sell em off.

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
You will have to just elliminate the wire for the parking/running lights and just have the signal lites working. Or you can buy lights that have dual filement bulbs in them to retain the running lights. I'd just hide the wire (taped up so it doesn't short out on anything) if you don't need it.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Your choices are very limited. If you really want to use those lights (which look good by the way), you will have to lose the running light capability. But...before you decide to go that way, you may want to check with your local authorities to make sure you can do that. There may be a law that requires running lights up front. (Hey, don't blame me...I didn't write them...and honestly...not sure it exists...but I would want to know before I went through the trouble of putting them on only to find out they had to be taken off because the bike wouldn't pass inspection.)

As for the running light wires to the stock signals, you can either disconnect them in the headlight and leave them dangling or remove the wire completely. If you decide to leave the wire in the bundle, you can seal the loose end at the signal inside the heat shrink you are going to put on the new wires. You were going to put heat shrink on them...right?

Joe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.