Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HOWDY......
this is my first post and I think this is website is a great resource for all Shadow owners.

I have a 92 vt600c Shadow that I am in the process of "customizing". I am curious as to "how wide" I can go with my rear tire. Right now I have a dunlop 170/80-15...can I go wider without changing anything?? If so, what set up do you recommend?

Also, anyone out there know the best way to go when taking off the old rear fender and trying to put on a custom fender?

·
Registered
103 Posts
ShadowChop

Not sure I can help much. However I will say that I recently added a Maxxis brand rear tire to my 94' vlx and for some reason it sure seems wider than the previous tire that was on it. So I did some research and it appears that diffrent brand tires can have a slight diffrence in there size.

Im sure you are looking for a much wider tire. So hopefuly some of the smart folks will chime in on my ignorance on the subject.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CrissCross....thanks for the input.

Actually, the tire thats on my bike right now isnt that bad looking......it makes my lil vt600c look much wider than my dads brand new 883 sportster. Its a 170 and on my suzuki gixxer750 I have a battle axe 180 and it looks pretty dang wide....so i was thinking I might be able to get away with perhaps a 200.

Regardless...thanks for the reply.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts