Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Honda Shadow Spirit. VT1100cx
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Howdy guys.

Recently moved from Texas to Florida and I got my first bike. It is a 1999 Honda Shadow Spirit vt1100cx (I know I know ALOT of bike for a new rider. It was too good a deal to pass up and I needed something to fit my 6.2" frame) I have absolutely fallen in love with riding and am mostly commuting with my bike. I'm sure I'm going to research a lot and ask a ton of questions here. thanks for having me!

Tire Wheel Plant Fuel tank Vehicle

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Motorcycle

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Registered
2001 Shadow Spirit 750
1,744 Posts
Welcome to the forum from West Chester, PA. Good looking bike. Have fun, stay alert and ride often.

Reactions: JBwelding

·
Registered
1998 750 ACE
19,810 Posts
Welcome to the "Madhouse" @JBwelding

Where in Florida???

I`m ending this year with a "Road Trip" through Florida > Meandering along the Swanee River/Stenahachee area towards Ocala, to help a buddy put up a fence, then through the Heartland to my sisters in Sebring...
Returning back home sometime...

I ain`t took a "Road trip" in quite a spell >> I NEED ONE ! ! !

I Ain`t gotta definite criteria, except fencing...

I`ll just be "following the front wheel" when & where it leads,
Dennis

Christ is Born

·
Registered
1999 Honda Shadow Spirit. VT1100cx
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to the "Madhouse" @JBwelding

Where in Florida???

I`m ending this year with a "Road Trip" through Florida > Meandering along the Swanee River/Stenahachee area towards Ocala, to help a buddy put up a fence, then through the Heartland to my sisters in Sebring...
Returning back home sometime...

I ain`t took a "Road trip" in quite a spell >> I NEED ONE ! ! !

I Ain`t gotta definite criteria, except fencing...

I`ll just be "following the front wheel" when & where it leads,
Dennis

Christ is Born
Melbourne for me!

·
Registered
1998 750 ACE
19,810 Posts
Got to Ocala about 5 pm Monday, spent our two birthdays together with my friend there building a fence during the day and Birthday Dinners in the evenings...
Then Thursday I Shot down US301 & US98 a coupla state roads to Sebring for the weekend with family there...
Got back to Ocala about 4 Sunday, finished up the fence Monday then headed home, got here just at dark thirty & 42 degrees...
I got 934.7 miles logged for my "Road Trip" >>> Ended the year & Began the year RIDING thru rural FL

Just parked my Baby back in her parking spot in the polebarn this morning...
Got in @ 6:45 yesterday evening with 934.7 recorded for this "Road trip"...
Saw 48 - 101 degrees on the thermometer whist riding and sitting in traffic...

There`s No place Like HOME,
Dennis

Ended 2021 and began 2022 RIDING

·
Banned
2019 Phantom VT750C2B [black/ shaft/ 5gear/ hard bags/ shield]
57 Posts
Howdy guys.

Recently moved from Texas to Florida and I got my first bike. It is a 1999 Honda Shadow Spirit vt1100cx (I know I know ALOT of bike for a new rider. It was too good a deal to pass up and I needed something to fit my 6.2" frame) I have absolutely fallen in love with riding and am mostly commuting with my bike. I'm sure I'm going to research a lot and ask a ton of questions here. thanks for having me!

View attachment 298734
View attachment 298733
View attachment 298732
I'm John [with a 2019 Black Phantom 750] from Bradenton/Sarasota Florida, "Welcome!" to Florida. I believe there's no lane splitting here in Florida, just in case. Keep your front space-cushion and flap your wings [arms] at intersections, so idiot's won't backside you. It's dangerous anywhere in Florida. Nice bike you have, ride easy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts