Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my cobra slashcut classic pipes and kuryakyn/thunder mfg hypercharger installed on my 750 Spirit today. What a awesome addition to my bike. If anyone tells you the the Hyper is just cosmetic, they are wrong. Installed jet kit, modified carb for vacuum line to operate butterflies, ran vent line to hyper to prevent high speed choking and spitting and it runs flawlessly through the entire spectrum. Highly recommend the hyper as long as it is installed properly. The increase in performance is worth it and how great it looks seeing the butterflies opening and closing when revving the engine. Now I am ready to hit the ozarks next month.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Ozarks????

Ok......... fill us in. Where in the Ozarks are you located? I am from the Ozarks and there are some cool roads to ride!! Highway 19 through Eminence is awesome! Then all the way to the state line makes for one cool ride!
:D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My wife and I live in Texas and we are taking a week long ride next month up into Arkansas and through the Ozarks. Any suggestions on all the good riding routes would be appreciated, but would really like to hit the highest point. Thanks for some input, sights, routes, ect.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Be sure to hit Fayetteville then on up to Eureka Springs. There are some very nice roads in north western part of Arkansas. Google out Arkansas and motorcycle and see what you come up with!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I think when you hear someone say it is cosmetic, they are talking about the 1100's, because for them it is only cosmetic.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
corteshunt said:
My wife and I live in Texas and we are taking a week long ride next month up into Arkansas and through the Ozarks. Any suggestions on all the good riding routes would be appreciated, but would really like to hit the highest point. Thanks for some input, sights, routes, ect.
Hit the Talimena Skyway from OK into Ark... really nice run into Mena. Then go north and hit 29...the Pig Trail up to Eureka. A blast and beautiful. Then go east to Harrison and catch 7 through Jasper and stop at the Ar Grand Canyon for a spectacular view. 7 down to Russelville and follow the signs to Mt Nebo for some nice tight switch backs to the top for another spectacular view. 7 continues down to Hot Springs and there are some nice state parks to cruise through if you still have time. Hot Springs offers some nice bath houses for relaxation and catch a show.

This is a fav loop of mine.... have some pictures from some of its sights on my website. Post here when you are going and where and you might even get some locals to meet up with and show you around.

http://www.gonzos-garage.com

Read the Ark Spring Fling and the Wody's Memorial for some pics.

Gonz

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Arkansas route

That route sounds pretty good. Will be leaving Denton, Texas on 17 Mar through 23 March. Anyone want to hit the road with us or meet up on th.e way let me know. More bikes the better.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I gotta agree, the butterfly opening/closing is wicked lol. Now, go get yourself a color-anodized one to match your paint :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Did you perform the install yourself or take it somewhere? If yourself, did you use any online references?

I've got a hypercharger I ordered for my 750 and even with directions from sa750.com I've not been able to find a dealer in Atlanta that would do the work properly.

Not having access to a garage I'm a bit hesitant to do the work myself, but it may come down to that I guess.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you have a 750 you have a hyper with a Thunder Mfg adapter. My work was done by by my honda dealer. You can have your technician contact Trent a Thunder and he will tell them exactly how to do it. I have read all the forums about the jetting headaches and so forth. My runs perfect and hasn't missed a lick. Best if you put on after market pipes and definetlly install a jet kit. 750 does not have vacuum line to operate butterflid so you have to do a minor mod to the carb to get it to work butterflies. Good luck

·
Registered
119 Posts
corteshunt said:
If you have a 750 you have a hyper with a Thunder Mfg adapter. My work was done by by my honda dealer. You can have your technician contact Trent a Thunder and he will tell them exactly how to do it. I have read all the forums about the jetting headaches and so forth. My runs perfect and hasn't missed a lick. Best if you put on after market pipes and definetlly install a jet kit. 750 does not have vacuum line to operate butterflid so you have to do a minor mod to the carb to get it to work butterflies. Good luck
You mention the 750 does not have a vacuum line to run the butterlies? Does it not have a vacuum line at all? I am thinking about doing the audiovox cruise control, but it also requires vacuum...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There is a place on the carb were they put in a sycronization fitting to sync the carbs which is done by vacuum. They permittly install the fitting and run the vacuum line from there. I have the throttle cruise on mine just to relieve throttle fatigue occasionally but even then I don't use it that much. Unless your going cross country I personally wouldn't waste the money. Good luck

·
Registered
119 Posts
corteshunt said:
There is a place on the carb were they put in a sycronization fitting to sync the carbs which is done by vacuum. They permittly install the fitting and run the vacuum line from there. I have the throttle cruise on mine just to relieve throttle fatigue occasionally but even then I don't use it that much. Unless your going cross country I personally wouldn't waste the money. Good luck
Well, it's just a thought at the moment because I don't like the looks of most of the cruises I see. The Vista for example is very reasonably priced, but to me, it just adds alot of ugly on the bars. I am into function before fashion, but if I can get both, then I will. The one cruise I do like is this one:
http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/detail.cfm?model_ID=3&Category_ID=10&manufacturer_ID=296&product_ID=9577
My brother has one on his Magna and loves it,,,, but I just can't spend $200 on a cruise. The Audiovox gives you a true cruise, and only has a button pad up on the bars. It is ALOT more work, but for the gain it gives it would be nice. Right now a cruise for me is not a need, but I can see many times I could use it even just for a few minutes, but I don't want something ugly for a 2 minute use. I'm trying to talk myself out of the $200 one if you can see where I am going with this!!!! :roll: I don't mind the labor part as I would do all that myself...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts