Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a VTX 1300S, it came with all the bells and whistles.
This also includes Vance and Hines exhaust, rejetted and a hypercharger.
The bike has great power, and I think I know how all this works together.
Is it that the hypercharger just allows a lot more air into the intake and
helps make more power, or how does it all work? Thanks .

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yes, it is forcing more air into the combustion chamber. More air means more fuel can be added, and more fuel means a bigger explosion and greater horsepower. But you can't simply pump more fuel into the engine because an exact amount of oxygen is required to burn a given amount of fuel. This chemically correct mixture -- 14 parts air to one part fuel -- is essential for an engine to operate efficiently. The bottom line: To put in more fuel, you have to put in more air. That's the job of the supercharger.

Hope this was helpful :wink:

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, thats pretty much what I suspected but had no evidence to back
it up. It helps to get the info from someone else. I've been trying to find
info on horsepower and torque along with gear ratios, its about like finding
hens teeth so for. Thanks again...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Eclynn1, the description that I wrote is not mine. I mean, I know how turbochargers work, but I was too lazy to put it down in my own words. I just copy/paste the text from http://www.howstuffworks.com
Great site to find info about "howstuffworks" :wink:

Just choose column "AUTO" that will take you "under the hood" for engine, chargers, torque, etc. stuff.

Also here are some specifications of the various motorbikes: http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/bikes/Honda .htm

BTW: Did you know that (Torque x Engine speed) / 5,252 = Horsepower 8)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just to clear some stuff up here. Hyperchargers has nothing to do with Turbo Chargers or Superchargers. Forced induction applications (SC,Turbo) are all Forcing air (BOOST) into the TB therefore making the engine run more fuel wich makes it go quicker. Hyperchargers are more like a ram air set up in a car just allowing more cold, less filtered air into the TB in a less restrictive way. There is no Boost being made in a hypercharger unit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.