Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yep, I friggin dropped it this morning. I had the Rebel 7 months and never dropped it once. I have the Shadow 10 days and down it goes.:shock:
I was turning hard to the right in my sloped driveway with down-slope to the right and I grabbed a bit to much front brake and learned to the right past the point where I couldn't hold it up. The good news is, I was going really slow and was able to lay it down relatively gently and the foot peg kept it from going completely on it's side. So, no damage at all! Thank the good Lord for the peg cuz I never would have been able to pic the beast up had it gone over completely. I had a grunt-fest just standing it back up from where it was! Is it common for the peg to keep a Shadow from flopping over all the way, or did I just get lucky?

·
Registered
10,263 Posts
Man that sucks! Glad it did not hurt anything. Go on youtube and search for lifting bikes, there is a technique you need to learn...In case someone else drops theirs and you have to pick it up for them!
Coop

·
Registered
673 Posts
Ouch! but at least no damage, other than your pride. My wife dropped hers on right hand turns all the time for the first few weeks. I got tired of picking it up for her. So I made her learn to pick it up. Sad thing is she plays the girls card and I ended up picking it up for her two more times.but since May she hasn't dropped it since.

Good luck and ride safe!

·
Registered
99' Valkyrie/North Central Indiana
10,064 Posts
This is the reason I have crash/freeway bars on mine. They also help getting back to proper riding position. Cruisers sitting position and steering rake contribute alot to this low speed handling issue. Embarrasing ? Yes but it does happen though most won't admit to it. A little pebble, sand, or road debris can really make coming to a stop most interesting at times. :oops: Never had a drop on a "standard" in 40+ yrs. of riding.

·
Banned
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Man that sucks! Glad it did not hurt anything. Go on youtube and search for lifting bikes, there is a technique you need to learn...In case someone else drops theirs and you have to pick it up for them!
Coop
Um, yea, for someone else... that's it...;):mrgreen:

·
Banned
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is the reason I have crash/freeway bars on mine.
I've been considering putting crash bars on the Shadow. Got a few other items on my goodie list to take care of first though, like turning my rear turn signals into running/brake lights.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
it happens.

·
Registered
73 Posts
It happens...Dropped mine in my work parking lot (gravel lot with a slight slope) the first time I tried to park there. The pegs did save it from too much damage, but the gravel put a nice scratch on my pipes.

Once you get that first drop out of the way though, you relax a little.

Crash bars are on order!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Me too...last week...

Pulling into work, front tire did low speed bounce into curb at 25 degree left angle, bike leaned to the right...and kept going...I slowed it down,didn't actuall fall, but it it was on the ground, rear wheel turning away in 1st gear...hit the kill switch, looked around to see who saw me...wheww...no one there that early... 1 small scratch the size of my little finger nail on each pipe...****... live and learn I guess....:mad:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.