Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well...after slowly increasing the drill bit size over the past few weeks :roll: I finally bit the bullet and did the hole-saw mod. I'd like to thank everyone who had posted about the "how to" on this. Man it sounds awesome :D

·
Registered
303 Posts
When you say "hole saw mod", what all did you do?
Did you use a 2 1/8" hole saw thru the rear resonator plates and remove the rear baffles?
Did you stop there?
My wife and I both ride 06 Spirit 750's.
I did step one on both bikes.
Then I punched a 3/4" hole thru the forward baffles on my bike only.
This year I thought I needed more sound and spent a lot of time reading posts on diff brands of exhaust.
Then I had this idea that I have never really heard my own bike going by, unless I was the one riding it.
So, we took turns sitting on the front porch and riding by on both bikes.
This is semi-country, so we could hit 30-40MPH, 3rd-4th gear.
I was really amazed and pleased at the sound.
Hers was louder, but sharper., Mine was deeper.
Now they are the same. :lol:
It turned out to be the best idea to listen to our own bike as they go by.
I am no longer researching exhaust brands.
Happy trails.

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
The holesaw mod sounds better on the 750s and 1100s with the single-pin cranks.
I'm wondering if it would make a difference in sound if the crossover pipe was plugged? With an aftermarket system, there is no crossover pipe and the sound from each cylinder is heard instead of a mix from both of them. Just a thought.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I used the 2 1/8" hole saw. I had drilled four holes in both baffles a few weeks ago and it sounded ok but with the aft baffles completely removed, it sure does sound nice. I'll have to let someone ride my bike by me so I can hear it going by :D
Again, thanks to all of the board members here and the great info that is passed... 8)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.